Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

I quote from four other sources

August 7 2017 at 5:19 PM
Geoff Steer  (Login GeoffSteer)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.53.128.235

Response to Curiouser and curiouser

Tank.net
Kraus Maffei, who designed Germany's Leopard 2 tank, helped to design the Arjun MBT. Consequently, the Arjun is very similar to the Leopard 2.

Pakistan defence
Arjun is a variant of German Leopard II designed by Krauss Maffei!

Quora
Everything I've read indicates that the Arjun (Mk. I) MBT is based on relatively solid and well known, previously existing technology. It was designed with assistance from Krauss Maffei, who had also previously helped design the earlier Leopard 2

defenceforumindia.com
Despite DRDO's attempts at indigenization, the Arjun relied heavily on foreign components and technology. DRDO received major design assistance from Krauss Maffei, the developer of the German Leopard 2 tank, and several other German firms. As a result, Arjun's design is very similar to that of Leopard 2A4 tank.

These are not several sources merely regurgitating the same possibly wrong rumour!
What more do you need?
Sincerely-

Geoff Steer

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Oooh, I love that one... - JMehner on Aug 8, 2017, 12:31 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse