Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

Oooh, I love that one...

August 8 2017 at 12:31 PM
JMehner  (Login Jens_O_Mehner)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 88.70.20.104

Response to I quote from four other sources

"Krauss Maffei, who had also previously helped design the earlier Leopard 2" - they helped design the Leo 2? It is their very own design, even if KM is mow KMW.

Yes, Arjun had a German Engine and transmission as well as Diehl tracks, although the latter have been replaced with a licensed Indian made product.

Also, four sources on the internet usually mean one actual source, as everybody copies the other guys and if the original sources was questionable, welllll... I also love the absolute certainty of India's arch-enemy Pakistan's statement.

What I need is a statement from KM that it actually happened, but none of the people I knew there (all now pensioners, some sadly not with us anymore) has ever heard anything about this supposed design help - and they were designers.

But if the Indians are happy with the quoted versions, well then by all means the Arjun had help from Germany, it was just not enough to get it from the drawing board into service in a shorter amount of time.

Cheers,

Jens

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse