Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Return to Index  

The DBG did indeed become standard before 1950

August 13 2017 at 12:03 PM
Kevin Ingraham  (Login oda18e)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 66.24.32.86

Response to British post-war Deep Bronze Green & SCC 15

While I have no idea if vehicles in service (as opposed to newly procured) were repainted; the British brigades deployed to Korea from the UK were ordered to repaint their vehicles in SCC15 for the same reason it was done in WW2--uniformity with their US allies and simplification of logistics. That the order was necessary says that DBG was already in common use in 1950. Later Korean war photos seem to demonstrate that this directive was either rescinded or abandoned as the war went on. I cannot address the British army outside of the Korea context with any authority but I suggest that DBG was introduced gradually, probably via new procurement. The UK was nearly broken by WW2 and repainting an army a slightly different variant of green would be an expensive luxury for a nation still on wartime rationing.

If you're modeling Korea, go with SCC15 unless your photo indicates otherwise. For the army worldwide, others here can address your question in more detail with better documentation.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks Kevin! - Lukas Muhl on Aug 18, 2017, 9:11 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse