Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Israeli Tank Color

June 20 2005 at 9:02 PM
  (Login achilles5)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.23.37.25

As I'm waiting for Life color Israeli sand grey 1982 to arrive in the mail. Can someone give me a good alternative. I don't remember which Tamiya color was close. And is Model Master Israeli sand grey a good match? Finally can some give me a list of colors to mix to arrive at the Israeli sand grey. Either Tamiya, Polly S , Model Master, or Gunze. TIA Joe

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login mjussen)
Missing-Lynx members

The quest for the right modern IDF color.

June 21 2005, 2:37 AM 

I'm in the middle of painting a Merkava 3 Dor Dalet myself. Thru a friend I got myself the Life color you mentioned but I came to the conclusion that this stuff is a pain to work with. Well at least for me it is. What I did was use the Life color to recreate the tone in Tamiya XF colors.

First I started with a basecoat of Tamiya Dark Green on my model. It's way to dark for a real IDF tone but that's not the point. I choose not to use black as a basecoat as I want the darkgreen to show and give the model the green-gray tone that IDF vehicles seem to have.
The next step is to recreate the Life color tone in Tamiya colors. I mixed Tamiya Olive Drab with Buff and a touch of Desert Yellow until you get that green-gray-brown tone. I did not keep a score on the exact mix but go easy on the Buff and particularly the Desert Yellow. I just kept on adding Buff and Desert Yellow until the Life color and my mix matched exactly. If somehow the mix went to gray (in that case there's to much Buff in the mix) I added a bit of darkgreen.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marcel Jussen

Respond to this message   

(Login bigphoto02)
Missing-Lynx members

Possibly some help...

June 21 2005, 3:42 AM 

Testors SAC bomber tan seems to be a fairly good match also.
HTH,

Cheers,
TRIAD Tim

Respond to this message   

(Login DANILOG)
Missing-Lynx members

IDF color

June 21 2005, 9:17 AM 

Hey

According to the Latrun museum the Humbrol 94
is the way to go for IDF vehicles , but here is
a list with Life, Tamiya, Humbrol.