Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

M-577 Question

October 2 2011 at 8:29 AM
Ron Lee  (Login Miliminis)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 98.235.129.134

Does anyone know the overall dimensions of the Tent structure that was used on the rear of the M-577 series?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bret Kinman
(Login bkkinman)
Missing-Lynx members

It depends- of course

October 2 2011, 5:23 PM 

Ron,

It depends on what era M577 you are building. There was an original tent kit that came with the 577- heavy frame aluminum and canvas-olive drab. It is longer, but generally about the width of the vehicle. Later versions (mid/late 90S on) used the SICUPS (Standard Integrated Command Post System) tent kit which is lighter aluminum poles and plastic tent material- these come in a the sort of standard NATO/forest green type color or a sand color. The SICUPS tents are shorter than the original- but still about the width of the vehicle.

I do not know the nomenclature of the SICUPS- but I bet some google searching may get you some details- I think the DRASH Company might make them- but not for sure.

HTH
bret

Bret Kinman
US Army
Field Artillery

Respond to this message   
Ron Lee
(Login Miliminis)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you Bret

October 3 2011, 1:46 PM 

For replying. We're going with the older version and later this newer version. A fellow Modeler pointed me towards the TM on the newer type and it will go good with our M-1068 project later this year. Another brought up a link on Armorama for the dimensions of the older version. So it will be a "Go" for the M-577 and M-1068 Conversions WITH the tent structures.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse