Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

M88A2 - Legend Kit Help

May 20 2012 at 5:15 PM
  (Login Saransk)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 108.48.119.168

After Several decades of modeling, I have hit a snag I just can't seem to work around - how do you align the side armor on the hull sides???

The Legend "instructions" (and I use that word in the most broad way)and aside from showing which part goes where, they are useless in aligning the new armor plates.
Anyone who has built the kit kind enough to share how they aligned the side plates or is there a set of drawings showing the actual parts on the AVF Club hull.

Thanks
Michael Baker

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login whschmidt)
Missing-Lynx members

Help

May 20 2012, 5:50 PM 

Mike,
There are some good pictures here at the Legends site: http: //www-legend.co.kr/01_afv01.html?table=product&st=view&page=2&id=462&limit=&keykind=&keyword=&bo_class=1&fpage=&spage=

I built this beastie and have some construction pictures if you would like them. I'll also go back and see if I can retrace the steps for you.

Respond to this message   

(Login Saransk)
Missing-Lynx members

M88A2 help

May 20 2012, 9:25 PM 

Any pictures would be great
My problem seems to be where to locate.
I can't get the front panels to line up with the sides and the front winch opening. The plates that sit in front of the driver's and co-drivers positions, right below the 3 periscopes, just don't seem to sit right if the whole panel is square in relation to the winch opening.
Then the sides don't sit square - or at the right height.

For the price of the kit, some form of alignment diagram or tool would help

I've sanded the hull smooth on the sides and front.

Respond to this message   

(Login RobertSkipper)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: M88A2 - Legend Kit Help

May 20 2012, 8:06 PM 

They will align with the front armor plate. You have to shave off EVERY detail on the hull sides to get them flush, including the welds. It doesn't take long, but it something you need to know to help you along.

Respond to this message   
Andrew Judson
(Login specmod)
Missing-Lynx members

It will go together

May 21 2012, 8:36 AM 

Hi Michael,

You will have to make sure as already advised to remove all external details on the kit. I then did a test run, by putting everything on using blue Tak and then when all in place, I then one at a time glued all the panels on, without any problems at all.
I have done an article of this beast in an issue of MMI magazine issue 59, this may help out a little. Cheers, and enjoy the build, as challenging as it is

Andrew

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - M88A2 - Legend Kit Help
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse