Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

And a modeler can't make these corrections Christoph?

August 26 2012 at 10:47 AM
Bob Carvo  (Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 71.238.158.155

I am sure there were older style T-34/85M's in Egyptian and Syrian inventories.They were not all built from the ground up but were converted to T-34/85M's.That is my point.I am sure they didn't all have Czech turrets either.And really is a common judge at a contest going to know one turret from another.Really.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Christophe Jacquemont
(Login cjacquemont)
Missing-Lynx members

Sure...

August 26 2012, 11:40 AM 

... you can do anything you want, it's a free world, at least in our parts anyway! happy.gif

Cheers,

Christophe

Respond to this message   
Gary Owsley
(Login tanker635)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: And a modeler can't make these corrections Christoph?

August 26 2012, 2:32 PM 

So you build for contests and not to be accurate? Every picture of a Syrian T34 I've seen was a Czech build. All the pics of Egyptain T34 gun tanks from the `56 and `67 wars I've seen were Czech builds. As stated the Egyptains got some Russian builds later on and some of these MAY have been used in `73. The only pic I've seen of a T34/85M in arab service was the Iraqi one in Steve Zaloga's book. As Christophe said, it's a free world on this side of the planet, do what you like.

This message has been edited by tanker635 from IP address 69.247.218.143 on Aug 26, 2012 2:34 PM

Respond to this message   
Bob Carvo
(Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members

Here we go again

August 26 2012, 6:30 PM 

Gary thats not what I meant.Of course I try to build for accuracy but unless you are at AMPS Nationals a lot of judges picked to judge don't know what they are looking at as far as accuracy.They are looking at how you built it and how you finished it and weathered it.o you think they know the differences in a dozen different turrets and hulls on the T-34/85?Also I am sure others besides the Czechs modernised their fleet of T-34/85's and used whatever turret was on the tank or on hand.Thats all I meant.

Respond to this message   
Mike Mummey
(Login mikemummey)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Here we go again

August 27 2012, 11:44 PM 

Howdy Bob, just because you are at AMPS Nats it does not mean the Judges will be knowledgeable of the subject matter on the table in front of them. However, they will know if your piece meets the criteria for the skill level you entered.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

Respond to this message   
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
(Login F4dphantom2)
Missing-Lynx members

Here we go again

August 26 2012, 6:31 PM 

Gary thats not what I meant.Of course I try to build for accuracy but unless you are at AMPS Nationals a lot of judges picked to judge don't know what they are looking at as far as accuracy.They are looking at how you built it and how you finished it and weathered it.o you think they know the differences in a dozen different turrets and hulls on the T-34/85?Also I am sure others besides the Czechs modernised their fleet of T-34/85's and used whatever turret was on the tank or on hand.Thats all I meant.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse