Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Looking for LAV-25 markings help

June 5 2013 at 1:30 AM
Brian Lockwood  (Login mrkhan)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 67.161.112.189

Greetings gents. I'm looking for an assist from some of the resident Marines here with some tricky markings. I'm pretty far along with the LAV build, but the markings have me stumped. I've decided to mark the vehicle as DCo, 2d LAI Bn during Operation Just Cause-1989 (AKA the invasion of Panama). The markings aren't overly elaborate and i've figured out most of it from the meager reference photos i've been able to locate in the public domain, but do any of you know what the circled diamond-shaped marking is? It's faint, i know. I've flipped the images negative, enhanced, sharpened, and nothing makes the text inside the diamond any clearer. Thanks in advance!
-Brian Lockwood-
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.

This message has been edited by mrkhan from IP address 67.161.112.189 on Jun 5, 2013 1:47 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike Mummey
(Login mikemummey)
Missing-Lynx members

Four digits

June 6 2013, 10:36 PM 

Howdy Brian, the diamond contains a four digit UIC(Unit Identification Code) or "Embark" number as it is called by some. The first digit should be a '2' for a 2nd MarDiv vehicle. I believe that the last digit should be a '5' for D Co. I do not recall what the 2nd and 3rd digits would be.
Outta here, Mike sends . . .

Respond to this message   
Brian Lockwood
(Login mrkhan)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Mike!

June 7 2013, 1:50 AM 

I was hoping to hear from you. In my mind you were my best bet to figure this out. So an educated guess it will be for the missing two digits. Now to finish cleaning the flash off of every single part. Thanks Trumpeter (fart sound).

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse