Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Takom AM 60 and 90.

August 6 2017 at 7:16 AM
Anders Thim  (Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 83.249.196.216

When Takom announced that they where releasing both the AML 60 and 90 was it an early Christmas present.
Last week did the mailman bring me "2084" the AML 60 and "2077" AML 90 "Edition Special France".
Both kits share three of the four sprues with each other. Only the sprue that deals with the turret is different. No photo etch is included and to be honest am I not sure that it is needed.My first impression is that both kits are of very high quality.The instructions are nicely laid out. The AML 60 has two different weapons option.The instructions dont tell you which version has which "guns". The decals look nice and are for four versions .Two Spanish ones from the "Spanish Legion". One Portugese and one which is said to be French but is in fact Senegalese.
The AML 90 version that I have is the" Edition Special France".
The difference is that there is an extra small decal sheet and an equally small instruction sheet included.
The French options are seven. One from 43éme BIMA. Two from RICM, two from 1er RHP and finally two from 1er REC.
In the original version of the 90 are there the following options: One Israeli ,one Iraqi a Lebanese an Argentinian and one French.
The 90 has two different muzzle brakes for the main gun and a turret basket.From what I understand is it the Israeli version that has the turret basket and a different muzzle brake.
After taking a closer look at both kits are the only two things that I would consider replacing is the front mounted "Sand Channel" that looks a Little thick to me and the wheels. They are nicely done but I prefer Resin instead of black Vinyl. As far as I know are Azimut the only ones that makes resin wheels and an update set for the AML 60,90 at the moment.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Roy Stevens
(Login rcstevens)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Anders

August 6 2017, 3:21 PM 

I've been wondering what marking options the kits come with. Several of those choices interest me, including the Senegalese AML 60 and the Argentinian AML 90.

Cheers,

Roy

Respond to this message   
Anders Thim
(Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members

AML markings.

August 6 2017, 5:27 PM 

The Senegalese one has the name Carentan on the turret. My guess is that is an ex French vehicle.
We can always hope that the aftermarket guys will deliver. Echelon and Star both has a good track record when it comes to making unusual subjects.
My AML 90,s will be one from RICM and one from 1er REC.

Respond to this message   
Olivier Carneau
(Login bison126)
Missing-Lynx members

DEF Model ...

August 7 2017, 6:06 AM 

intends to release sets of wheels for the AML. No release date so far.

BTW those are not simple sand channels but "bridge" elements. You could assemble up to eight of them to cross ditches. Unfortunately I don't have my documentation at hand to give you the maximum span that method allowed to cross.

This message has been edited by bison126 from IP address 176.142.213.3 on Aug 7, 2017 6:06 AM

Respond to this message   
Anders Thim
(Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members

DEF Model

August 7 2017, 7:46 AM 

Ok not sand channels but "bridge" elements "my bad". That DEF will in due course produce AML wheels are indeed good news.They make GREAT stuff. But as they are not listed yet on their website is my guess that we have a long "wait" ahead of us.
I have been waiting for a long time for their AMX 13 update set that is on their website listed as T.B.A. But he who waits for something goood and so on...

This message has been edited by RELOADER153 from IP address 83.249.196.216 on Aug 7, 2017 10:15 PM

Respond to this message   
Kevin Ingraham
(Login oda18e)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you for the sneek peeks, Anders.

August 7 2017, 11:07 AM 

You made it a lot easier for the rest of us to cut to the chase for the specific options we'd want. 1er REC for me.

This message has been edited by oda18e from IP address 66.24.32.86 on Aug 13, 2017 12:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Anders Thim
(Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Thank you for the sneek peeks, Anders.

August 7 2017, 11:58 AM 

My pleasure!

Respond to this message   
Anders Thim
(Login RELOADER153)
Missing-Lynx members

AML 60 "French Edition"

August 17 2017, 11:45 AM 

The decals for the French Edition AML 60 have two options.
The first one is from RICM in Senegal in a three color camo "OTAN". It is is named AISNE.
The second one is 1er REC in Lebanon 1982 in overall green.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse