Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

T-90A - Tracks, can i use single pin type?

August 17 2017 at 8:28 AM
Andy Hall  (Login pj598)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 89.145.218.12

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have just got my hands on the T-90A from Trumpeter and have decided the kit tracks look a little too much like hard work.

The kit came with a set of Mengs single pin type tracks, will these be ok to use as all Ican find are pictures of the type with the double pin/rubber block type tracks in use?

thank you.

Andy

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob Carvo
(Login phantom8747)
Missing-Lynx members

Meng single pin track

August 17 2017, 9:51 AM 

I have a set that came with the T-90A mine plow kit.I have yet to figure out how they will stay together on both sides when they are pinned on one side only.They do not interlock on the other side. Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Olivier Carneau
(Login bison126)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: T-90A - Tracks, can i use single pin type?

August 18 2017, 2:09 AM 

Andy
i don't think you can use the single pin tracks for a T-90A. Those tracks were used on the first version of the T-90 but soon replaced by the side connector type.

BUT as often with Russian stuff, you could probably find the picture showing I'm wrong wink.gif

This message has been edited by bison126 from IP address 185.24.185.193 on Aug 18, 2017 2:09 AM

Respond to this message   
Andy Hall
(Login pj598)
Missing-Lynx members

Thank you..

August 18 2017, 5:58 AM 

...for the response, I did think it would be the case the double pin type were the ones to use but thought I would ask.

regards

Andy

Respond to this message   
Thomas Voigt
(Login Violetrock)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: T-90A - Tracks, can i use single pin type?

August 18 2017, 11:30 AM 

IIRC, the earlier single pin track has a different pitch, so at least you need a new teeth ring on the drive sprocket.

Thomas

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse