Home > Discussion Groups > Modern

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Difference between U.S. Army and Marine tank crews

August 18 2017 at 6:05 PM
Geoff Steer  (Login GeoffSteer)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 70.53.128.249

Are there any major differences between a Marine and an Army tank crew uniform/outfit, gear? I'm considering Miniart's USMC tank crew 37008 as crew for a 1st Battalion, 22nd Infantry Regiment, 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, Bagdad, July 2008 TUSK II.
With thanks-
Geoff Steer

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ed Keene
(Login EdKeene)
Missing-Lynx members

Hmm, let's see .......

August 18 2017, 8:44 PM 

Marines are better looking and get more women. A Marine makes any uniform look better.

Respond to this message   
Kevin J MCNichols
(Login LCplMac)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Hmm, let's see .......

August 18 2017, 11:07 PM 

Semper Fi
Nuff said!

Respond to this message   
Pat Mc Cumiskey
(Login patmccumiskey)
Missing-Lynx members

Let me guess

August 19 2017, 2:32 AM 

The previous 2 posts are from Marines. I was going to say ex marine, though I believe theirs no such thing as an ex.

Respond to this message   
Tom McVicar
(Login tmcvicar2)
Missing-Lynx members

USMC vs US Army

August 19 2017, 6:01 AM 

If you use a USMC crew and want to depict them as US Army, you will need to remove all the boxes of crayons from the figures and replace them with MRE's.

Respond to this message   
Geoff Steer
(Login GeoffSteer)
Missing-Lynx members

Translation...

August 19 2017, 9:09 AM 

Would I be correct in my belief that all of the humorous replies mean the same thing: there is no difference in uniforms or gear? I'm guessing at least one of you would have said so.
Do not let this discourage any further humour!
Geoff Steer

Respond to this message   
John Wypyszinski
(Login fmfdoc25)
Missing-Lynx members

USMC/US Army

August 19 2017, 10:20 AM 

Hi, Geoff

All joking aside, there are differences between the two services. The Marines wear different body armor than the Army, however Live Resin makes the vests you will need so you can swap the upper torsos out. The load bearing pouches are universal in shape and configuration between the services. The CVC helmets would be the same, the coveralls I don't know for certain. It would be nice if Miniart would hurry up and get those Army modern tank crew figures out, wouldn't it?
Doc

Respond to this message   
Geoff Steer
(Login GeoffSteer)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks John, I did not know Miniart had these figures coming n/t

August 19 2017, 4:56 PM 

xx

Respond to this message   
Pat Mc Cumiskey
(Login patmccumiskey)
Missing-Lynx members

Miniart Figures

August 19 2017, 6:22 PM 

I wasn't aware of U.S.Army figures . Their USMC are in the shops, I saw a set on Thursday in one of the shops here in Melbourne>

Respond to this message   
Mike Witous
(Login MikeWitous)
Missing-Lynx members

Current Nomex CVC coveralls are the same. Boots are different, Body armor varies.

August 22 2017, 11:33 PM 

In general, US Army Tankers wear a lot of unit patches. Marines do not. CVC helmets I believe are the same. Others may know more on current gear.

Have fun>

Respond to this message   
Rob Gronovius
(Login rgronovius)
Missing-Lynx members

Army Nomex CVC

August 26 2017, 11:47 AM 

the only patch authorized on the US Army Nomex CVC is the current unit insignia (left shoulder). Combat patches (right shoulder) were not supposed to be worn.

Unsure about the Marines, but the solid green and tan Nomex had wear out dates a few years ago for the Army. The ACU pattern Nomex wears out in September 2019 and is replaced by the OCP pattern Nomex. Both are currently authorized.
RobG
rgronovius(at)hotmail(dot)com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse