Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Registration on ML

April 18 2005 at 6:29 PM
  (Login alexclark)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille

Here is my take on the current registration issue:

I can't tell anyone much more than is already known. If you have read the post by the ML Admin then you know almost everything I know.

However, I can say that some of the other DGs, the Axis in particular have had a lot of trouble with trolls, posts under other peoples' names etc. Usually most visitors don't see most of these, as the moderators and admin act quickly to remove them. A lot of time and effort is spent making the DGs a pleasant place to post and I'd imagine most visitors are unaware of the effort involved.

I'm happy to say that the Braille DG is one of the best behaved with very litle trouble at all. Unfortunately, problems on the other DGs mean that all DGs now have to implement this policy. It's sad that a few malicious people can cause such trouble.

Personally I don't think it is such a big deal as some people are making out (see some of the other messages on the other DGs). Some of them are extremely melodramatic - along the lines of "I'll never visit ever again!"

Many people already have logins for N54 and have been using them for some time (there is a list of current logins at the bottom of the main Braille page). It is very simple to setup, free, and as far as I know safe. It's not as if you have to perform brain surgery each time you post. All it involves is getting a username and choosing a password. I have lots of password so I appreciate the problems of remembering them. One way to help with this is to use the same password for less important logins. I only use more different passwords for important logins such as bank accounts etc. Many other successful (non modelling) forums use logins for posting.

In conclusion, this is not my policy but I can appreciate why the admin have introduced it and I support it. I'm surprised by the fuss it has caused, but I imagine it will die down soon and some of the "never to return" guys will indeed come back.

Alex

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. So I can still lurk without being recognised ? :-) n/t - Simon Barnes on Apr 18, 6:36 PM
  3. Won't do any good - bad move. - Jolyon Ralph on Apr 18, 7:06 PM
    1. Thats not the point - Tony verge on Apr 18, 7:18 PM
      1. Very true - Alex Clark on Apr 19, 1:02 AM
    2. doesn't neccessary follow - Simon Barnes on Apr 18, 7:24 PM
      1. Re: doesn't neccessary follow - Anonymous on Apr 18, 7:36 PM
        1. Hmm. Sorry about that - Jolyon Ralph on Apr 18, 7:36 PM
          1. Re: Hmm. Sorry about that - Missing-Lynx Team on Apr 19, 9:39 AM
            1. Figured it out! - Jolyon on Apr 20, 10:55 AM
      2. I agree completely Simon - Alex Clark on Apr 19, 12:58 AM
    3. Nothing is foolproof - Alex Clark on Apr 19, 1:06 AM

4. Can't see what all the fuss is about.... - Ian Parker on Apr 18, 7:34 PM
    1. You hit the nail on the head! - Alex Clark on Apr 19, 12:55 AM
      1. I hope that they are not Northern Soul ones !! - Simon Barnes on Apr 19, 4:49 AM
        1. Northern Soul - Ian Hanratty on Apr 19, 3:01 PM
          1. No nothing wrong !! - Simon Barnes on Apr 19, 3:43 PM
            1. It Could be worse - Ian Hanratty on Apr 19, 3:50 PM
              1. it is !! - Simon Barnes on Apr 19, 3:54 PM
                1. Thanks Simon! - elliott winthrop on Apr 21, 6:34 PM
          2. long live Wigan Cassino! - elliott winthrop on Apr 19, 7:09 PM
            1. 100 club is still going strong !!! - Simon Barnes on Apr 20, 8:09 AM
          3. Need to register to ML members group as well - Ruth Galpine (M-L admin) on Apr 20, 7:43 AM

5. Well at first I thought I wouldn't like it................ - Keith Edge on Apr 19, 7:29 AM
    1. Re: Well at first I thought I wouldn't like it................ - Missing-Lynx Team on Apr 19, 9:43 AM

6. I am trying to create an account but there is also a message error. - Ricardo Haddad on Apr 19, 8:18 AM
    1. Re: I am trying to create an account but there is also a message error. - Missing-Lynx Team on Apr 19, 9:46 AM
      1. Only one account for the full set of discussion groups on ML, right ? - Rob Haelterman on Apr 19, 3:27 PM
        1. Yes, that's right! n/t - Alex Clark on Apr 20, 2:35 AM
          1. Ehhhh.... - James D. Gray on Apr 20, 4:36 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse