Why does Dragon elicit such antagonism?October 14 2011 at 8:41 PM
|Doug Chaltry (Login 172tankmodeler)|
from IP address 220.127.116.11
This is not meant to start a flame war, so please don't do so. I am just curious about why Dragon elicits such an aggressive defense from people.
Take a close look at the thread below. One person, I repeat: ONE PERSON, posted a rude, insulting comment regarding Dragon. Two or three others expressed their disappointment with Dragon's choice of new release. And this is what we got in response:
"Some people have too much to complain about!"
"I feel really sorry for those of you who whine for the sake of whining."
"not having the grand insight to model the kits you deem desirable?"
"seems like people have no other problems these days since they can keep crying about almost every new release thats out there."
"i wonder what all the fuss is about."
"Have we become such an unhappy lot ?"
"I don't want to hear all the whinning about wishing you had got one when they were available"
Seriously, what is it about Dragon that makes it a sin to question them? If you've been a member of this forum for longer than a week, you'll know that we comment on and complain about a great many models and manufacturers. Why don't people rise to a passionate defense of Mirage, Italeri, Revell, ICM, MW, ACE, or any other company when their products are panned?
A number of manufacturers read this forum, and several even use it for interacting with their customer base. Such discussions about wants and desires provide valuable feedback for them. I am not defending Al's language in criticizing Dragon, but I will defend his right to do so. Why is Dragon off-limits when other manufacturers are fair game?
PS. Thank you to everyone below who posted reasonable comments, both pro and con, without resorting to criticizing their fellow modelers.
- Very simple reason for our comments: - Jolyon Ralph on Oct 14, 2011, 9:04 PM
- I agree with all your comments, Jolyon - Doug Chaltry on Oct 14, 2011, 10:28 PM
- Hey Doug - Ric Montgomery on Oct 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
- Dragon and antagonizm - Charles Martin on Oct 14, 2011, 9:52 PM
- Spoilt for choice - Jon Moake on Oct 14, 2011, 10:17 PM
- I'll bite... - Christopher Benjamin on Oct 14, 2011, 11:11 PM
- C'mon Doug, look at the bigger picture... - Kip Rudge on Oct 15, 2011, 12:13 AM
- Re: Why does Dragon elicit such antagonism? - Mike Dougherty on Oct 15, 2011, 12:59 AM
- Expectations - Jose Teja on Oct 15, 2011, 1:13 AM
- Viewpoint - Rob Haelterman on Oct 15, 2011, 2:38 AM
- Re: Why does Dragon elicit such antagonism? - Neil Lyall on Oct 15, 2011, 3:11 AM
- Re: Why does Dragon elicit such antagonism? - Francisco Bexiga on Oct 15, 2011, 3:13 AM
- Hey Doug........ - Dan Rosecrans on Oct 15, 2011, 4:32 AM
- Say again - Dave Rhodes on Oct 15, 2011, 5:51 AM
- Isn't it partially an expression of - Andrew Bunney on Oct 15, 2011, 6:18 AM
- It makes me laugh - Simon Ford on Oct 15, 2011, 10:15 AM
- Rare plastic versus the common resin - Mark Thomas on Oct 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
- Thank you all for the reasonable discussion - Doug Chaltry on Oct 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
- If you are......... - Dan Rosecrans on Oct 15, 2011, 11:55 AM
- I was just crying last night, in fact... - Doug Chaltry on Oct 15, 2011, 12:10 PM
- I agree............ - Dan Rosecrans on Oct 15, 2011, 8:01 PM
- Re: Thank you all for the reasonable discussion - Mike Dougherty on Oct 15, 2011, 12:42 PM
- A Response......... - Albert Boone on Oct 15, 2011, 1:35 PM
- Re: A Response......... - Mike Dougherty on Oct 15, 2011, 4:20 PM
- Thanks Al... - Kip Rudge on Oct 15, 2011, 4:53 PM
- the most bad comments of dragon is for the 1/35 line... - emanuel morales (Zeke) on Oct 15, 2011, 6:16 PM
- Haha same in other scales - Detlev Kaczmarek on Oct 15, 2011, 6:28 PM
- Re: Haha same in other scales - Mike Dougherty on Oct 15, 2011, 9:58 PM
- Hehe^^ - Keyvan Nayyeri on Oct 16, 2011, 4:43 AM
- The free opinion and respet dont exist in your live.. - emanuel morales (Zeke) on Oct 17, 2011, 11:57 AM
- Never thought I'd be saying this, but..... - Andrew Smith on Oct 16, 2011, 1:14 PM
- Sure you feel all right, Andy ? - Rob Haelterman on Oct 16, 2011, 2:11 PM
- Yup! - Andrew Smith on Oct 18, 2011, 12:24 AM
- Oh dear.... - Paul Giles on Oct 16, 2011, 4:44 PM