Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Memmory Lane

February 29 2012 at 3:48 AM
  (Login Ubique)
Missing-Lynx members

Response to 8 th Army group

Hello Alfred.

Nice group of models you have there, they bring back so many happy memmories, most of my earlier models ended up being used for air rifle practice. I pity the Archaeologist who digs up my parents back green in the distant future. Trying to figure it all out.

I have quite a lot of the old Airfix mags, and they are a gold mine for information. John Sanders articles where well worth reading. as where the others irrespective of the subject matter. The ideas, probelms and the solutions led to a lot more original conversions than is generally seen today. You wanted a Dorchester you had to scratch build it. No resin cottage industry back then.

I was lucky enought to see some of the models by John Sanders and David E Jane at the old British Army Transport Museum in Beverley Yorkshire before it closed down. I think some of them may now be on show with the British Model Soldier Society as part of there national collection.

Many thanks or the trip down memmory lane.

Cheers

Ian

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse