Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Progress on the MarS 232:

March 11 2012 at 6:26 PM
Adam O'Hara  (Login panzermad2)
Missing-Lynx members

Response to WEEKLY UPDATE 11.3.2012....

Hi all,

Progress as such has stalled a bit while I wait delivery of the correct sized drill bits to affix the axle to wheels etc. I wanted to get them fitted and aligned before embarking on the rest of the vehicle to reduce handling as much as possible, anyway, I went ahead with undercoating & painting the hull & turret, here's the result after the main coat and a couple of dry-brushing coats:

[linked image]
[linked image]

Turret is only fixed on with blu-tack at the moment I went ahead and painted and shaded all the extra bits'n'pieces too but haven't had time to grab a pic of that, next step is to muddy up the under-chassis and wheel arches in prep for the wheels...

while I was patiently waiting for paint to dry and the postman I knocked up a 'WHAT-IF' combining a spare 222 kit I'd been practising detailing on and the turret from a 231 kit I absolutely ruined before I'd even started- according to my info Romania had some 222's during ww2? so painting this one in a 'green' finish:

[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking guys,

Adam

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Beautifully cast these Mars kits Adam - elliott winthrop on Mar 12, 2012, 4:07 AM
    1. Re: Beautifully cast these Mars kits Adam - Adam O'Hara on Mar 13, 2012, 8:16 AM

2. Nice work.... - Paul Giles on Mar 12, 2012, 5:50 PM
    1. Re: Nice work.... - Adam O'Hara on Mar 13, 2012, 8:26 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse