Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Humber Box

May 22 2012 at 6:18 PM
Dan Taylor  (Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Hello All
It struck me that I'm hiding within my collection a number of models which deserve the odd airing. Consequently, it seemed a good idea to haul one out from time-to-time before the discerning audience that is 'Braille Scale'.

First up - 'Pandorra'
To give her full name - Humber Heavy Utility 4x4 modelled in 1/76 scale.

[linked image]

[linked image]

I met her full sized cousin at the military vehicle fair in Beltring, Kent around twelve years ago. Getting into conversation with her owner, he allowed me to measure and extensively photograph her from every angle. I thought about finding a kit of the subject but the only one I knew of, that by Firing Line, was as rare as hen's teeth and so I decided a scratch build was the answer.

She turned into a labour of love. From he subframe upwards, every detail I could manage was fitted. She boasts a full instrument panel, map table, angle-poise lamp, tip-up seats in the back and the tiniest mesh radiator protector I could find. The biggest challenge was forming the roof in a hand made plunge mould. This went well apart from when the heat source (a 100 watt bulb) was left close to the first attempt for too long and, whilst I was distracted, fell over, melting a hole in the surrond to by PC's monitor. The only cheat was to borrow wheels from an MMS white metal kit.

She won the odd award or two in competitions but now sits in a glass cabinet ignored for much of the time. She's maybe not as crisp as she once was. Every now and then a door falls off when I'm ham-fistedly handling her but I make a point of re-attaching it straight away before it disappears.

I hope you enjoy her.

Dan

www.dantaylormodelworks.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Scratch - Alfred van Netburg on May 22, 2012, 10:30 PM
    1. Wheels - Dan Taylor on May 23, 2012, 1:34 AM

2. She's beautilful! - Ilian Filipov on May 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
  4. A real beauty but... - Oto Stahl on May 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
  6. Most impressive! - Mark Deliduka on May 23, 2012, 12:53 PM
  8. I love this vehicle..... - Paul Giles on May 23, 2012, 4:12 PM
  10. More Pics... - Dan Taylor on May 24, 2012, 6:54 AM
    1. An unusual subjet but very interesting - mauro traverso on May 24, 2012, 12:33 PM
    2. Very nice Dan - elliott winthrop on May 25, 2012, 12:05 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse