Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Dragon LRDG Chevrolet tires/wheels

July 8 2012 at 8:41 PM
  (Login vicsterr)
Missing-Lynx members

By looking at the box art it shows the wheel assembly and tires as 2 pieces, the instructions show them as a complete one piece and reality is one piece with hollow backs like a toy. This is quite deceiving when purchasing this kit thinking you're getting 2 piece assemblies and then they are not. With a retail of around $24, you should be getting 2 in the box like the Horch kits. I bought this kit as a next project, but I just can not get past the wheels. Not sure how to fix them as making circular plugs is just not something in my realm. If I just had to cut straight lines for square type shapes, not an issue, just can not make circles of different sizes and layers to get the wheel and tire shapes and edges where the 2 join. Maybe someone will do them aftermarket. This was going to be my precurser to the 1/35 Tamiya version. Any ideas out there guys? Vic.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Is this the shape of things to come? - Paul Giles on Jul 9, 6:09 AM
  3. Re: Dragon LRDG Chevrolet tires/wheels - David Clark on Jul 9, 7:02 AM
  5. Dragon, Hasegawa and Italeri..... - Andrew Smith on Jul 9, 7:39 AM
    1. Andrew - be careful what you wish for - Andrew Lang on Jul 9, 3:33 PM
      1. I totally agree... - Paul Giles on Jul 9, 4:24 PM
        1. Entirely agree with the point about the wheels - Andrew Lang on Jul 9, 5:43 PM
      2. You misunderstand me..... - Andrew Smith on Jul 9, 7:34 PM
        1. From the perspective of 50 years of modelling.... - Paul Giles on Jul 9, 10:05 PM
    2. Actually...... Not Dragon - Kenneth Overby on Jul 10, 7:09 AM
      1. Maybe in the US, but over here it was The Lizard! (n/t) - Andrew Smith on Jul 10, 8:08 AM

6. Just got my LRDG vehicle and...... - Graham Mansell on Jul 9, 4:18 PM
  8. State of the hobby? - Dan Taylor on Jul 9, 5:48 PM
  10. Re: Dragon LRDG Chevrolet tires/wheels - Neil Lyall on Jul 9, 7:37 PM
  12. Lord, but I'm getting tired - Shane Weier on Jul 9, 10:04 PM
    1. It is all relative.... - Paul Giles on Jul 9, 10:21 PM
      1. Re: It is all relative.... - Neil Lyall on Jul 10, 8:03 AM
    2. Re: Lord, but I'm getting tired - Neil Lyall on Jul 10, 8:10 AM
      1. Thanks Neil - Shane Weier on Jul 10, 6:07 PM
    3. If you can lose $35 grand a year and still have any wages left..... - Andrew Smith on Jul 10, 8:18 AM
      1. I just got a pay rise :-) - David Clark on Jul 10, 9:40 AM
        1. Dragon LRDG Chevrolet tires/wheels in work - Modell Trans Modellbau on Jul 10, 4:03 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse