Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Go on, play...

April 5 2014 at 2:28 AM
Dan Taylor  (Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 85.210.139.203

Response to I won't play, but

Hi Shane
I understand what you are saying, but the model doesn't have to be all that involved. My hope is that some clever interpretation may be used. As I wrote to Jakub, a single figure pulling on a parachute would fulfil the requirements. I don't want to pre-empt anyones ideas, but have a look through any D-Day related books and you'll find a good third is devoted to preparation and build-up.

Nine weeks may seem prescriptive, but something simple and small which is well executed and imaginative should beat a bigger model that is straight out of the box.

That said, if anyone wanted to recreate Poole harbour packed with landing craft, that would be eligible too - we'd just suspect you had some help.

If it works out, I'd look to do more competitions in the future with different themes and varying amounts of time to build.

All the best

Dan

Please note that there is no stipulation to use my Modelworks kits. Someone asked in an e-mail.

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse