Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

S-Models Wiesel: problems growing...

November 10 2014 at 5:19 PM
Alvaro Rodriguez  (Login CMT_Alvaro)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 81.44.236.142

Hi:

After my previous and quite satisfiying experience with few S-Models wheeled vehicles, I´m very sad to share this here.

I´m building the micro mini tiny S-Models Wiesel. Well, as it has been already pointed out in a quick preview in this board by Bill Scriven...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/thread/1414950971/Review+of+S-Model+Wisel+1

...this kit have some noticeable faults and mistakes in its tiny turret . I´m not talking about underdetailed parts but wrong ones. Turret, ammo bins, ammo feed chute and gun housing seems to me off in different ways.

Well... To have not an exact replica with a high level of acuracy was not a big problem for me. So cute, so small! happy.gif I was not going to give up easily and I moved ahead.

Well... among some other problems I was ready to fix -easy ones solely!-, I noticed that the turret sits too low. So I have just added an "o" plasticard ring to make it sit higher.

15761707242_4b4eb54392_o.jpg

I -silly me!- thought that was enough to save the raised upper hull details.

But I was wrong... now, even with the spacer, I have noticed -too late!- you cannot rotate the turret because there is no clearance enough at the front!

15575345720_496bb5cde1_o.jpg

Here you got some close up that will explain this matter better than my broken english! happy.gif

In yellow, my main concern... what it made me to add the styrene spacer.

In white... the naked true! happy.gif

15758279431_a2b089185d_o.jpg

Here you got what you got if you try to rotate the tiny turret! sad.gif

15140738393_14951682ff_o.jpg

Well... I´m not a rivet counter and I was having a good time building this -this one "true"- fast build but now I feel a bit discouraged with it.

We all already know that Tovarich Grigorov is on way for those who may want to have a detailed Wiesel but I didn´t want to spend my hard earned euros improving such a mini micro faulty kit.

-well... you know. Most probably I will have to eat my own words sooner or latter!- happy.gif

I´m afraid I´m going to wipe it out of my sigth for some time... perhaps I could take a look at it with renewed eyes and soul sometime soon... happy.gif

HTH!

Regards!
Alvaro

This message has been edited by CMT_Alvaro from IP address 81.44.236.142 on Nov 10, 2014 6:43 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Maybe you could........... - Tim Ridout on Nov 10, 2014, 9:49 PM
    1. Yes, indeed! - Alvaro Rodriguez on Nov 11, 2014, 6:46 PM
      1. Turret shape - Sean Brannin on Nov 11, 2014, 6:54 PM
        1. Yep! - Alvaro Rodriguez on Nov 11, 2014, 7:02 PM
          1. I can live with that - Sean Brannin on Nov 11, 2014, 7:13 PM
            1. Me too! :) - Alvaro Rodriguez on Nov 11, 2014, 7:35 PM
              1. thanks. - Sean Brannin on Nov 11, 2014, 7:41 PM

2. I can live with the "problems"... - Matt Ponas on Nov 13, 2014, 3:56 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse