Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

the front wheels are wrong..

January 2 2015 at 3:45 PM
emanuel morales Zeke  (Login panzer1946)
from IP address 181.168.218.34

Response to A few sprue pics of S-models beautiful little Sdkfz 253...

the front wheels in our picture is the same used by Sd kf 222 family and Sdkfz 6.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

The sd kfz 253 have the same type of wheels seen in Demag, Sd kfz 250 series and Adler, not the 222 family.

[linked image]
[linked image]

So.. the model have a bigger mistake..

The second problem is the version..
[linked image]

All Sd kfz 253 was produced in first series, So the episcope is initial, not late how the model kit.
[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
same happens in 252
[linked image]

Same was used in Panzer 1 Series.
you can seen very clear the driver visor/episcope in this picture, all series of 253 and 252 have the initial model for the date of production

The S model use the later model.

[linked image]

I dont know who is the researcher of that producer, but many obvius fails, and that is really strange. Take me only 1 minute found the pictures and compare is more strange the teste who build the first model never note that fails..
the queality looks really good but the fail in the measurements in the size of front wheels (of 222 and kfz 6 family) shows they can fail in another measurements too..

I dont have the kit so dont can sure about that, only can show the fails seen by my eyes in the pictures. I hope someone send one "heads up" at producer for change that fails.

cheers.

PD: One aditional detail, if you build the model in 1/35 the solution is easy, change that part or the visor of one Pz1.. because have the same measurements.. that is strange in braille scale because the producer dont fail in the panzer 1...
[linked image]

[linked image]

or almost i hope so...

anyway Francesco Giovagnorio put a thread some time ago where him use the correct visor, copied in resin... of S-model? wait a minute.. S-model always have the correct part.. So.. why they fail in the new sd kfz 253??

A new mistery for modelling world...
[linked image]
Remember, same part seen in panzer 1 is exactly the same used for Sd kfz 252/253 series.

So if you wish build a SD kfz 253, need to change that parts (and i dont seen with attention the kit if have more fails...) or bought the ACE model.

This message has been edited by panzer1946 from IP address 181.168.218.34 on Jan 2, 2015 4:23 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. dished wheels are a main feature - george burrough on Jan 2, 2015, 4:20 PM
    1. 76 scale. - David Rhodes on Jan 2, 2015, 5:14 PM

2. You have sharp eyes... - Paul Giles on Jan 2, 2015, 4:23 PM
    1. ACE could be happy... - emanuel morales Zeke on Jan 2, 2015, 4:25 PM

3. thoughts about options for wheels - RobertKru on Jan 2, 2015, 5:11 PM
  5. Yes there are a few innaccuracies... - Peter Sisung on Jan 2, 2015, 5:38 PM
    1. Please do a preview and have a look at the scale aspects? - Peter on Jan 2, 2015, 5:53 PM

6. About visor ... - Francesco Giovagnorio on Jan 2, 2015, 6:47 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse