Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Re: Simply magnificent

September 30 2016 at 3:40 PM
Dan Taylor  (Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 92.20.36.81

Response to Simply magnificent

Hello Andy
Very good to hear that you are enjoying the build. I may try and get it to the London MAFVA show on 15th Oct if I can make it secure. As to your questions -

1 There are going to be some soldiers standing about maybe recovering kit and keeping a wary eye out lest the Germans return. There will also be some battle detritus, chiefly from the building on the corner to the left. And there are a couple of architectural features to add - there was a low ornamental chain surround to the area in front of the Mairie and a couple of street lamp pillars (the lamps appear to have been removed). I don't want to overcrowd it and I'm not too worried about leaving areas empty as that can tell a story too.

2 I've been debating what to do with the background and a tromp l'oeil may well work. Having trunkated the Mairie, it would depend on where I thought the perfect viewing point would be to get some form of perspective. If you don't get that sort of thing right it can look very wrong.

All the best

Dan

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse