Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Progress on the A9 Cruiser Upgrade

November 17 2016 at 6:08 AM
Dan Taylor  (Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 79.68.208.130

Morning All
I've been flitting around a number of tasks, getting very close to finish each - but not quite. Overnight I had a chance to build the prototype of the A9 and so I thought that those of you who have expressed an interest might like to have a look. Here are the pictures:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

You will, no doubt, notice the asymetric dust shields. Also noteworthy is that the driver's position can be built open.

In addition to the brass parts shown, there will be some resin too. I'm doing replacement MG sub-turrets, a replacement periscope for the commander's cupola, a resin exhaust system, and PoW stowage for the rear.

One oddity I've found with the PSC kit is that the collar which supports the turret has been moulded as part of the turret rather than part of the hull. With the other clean-up necessary for fitting the brass, it isn't too much trouble to take a razor saw to the collar - as below. I've then attached a disk of plastic card to the top with a pre-drilled centre. There is a riveted brass collar which attaches around the circumference, which hides any cutting. Note the carving necessary on the driver's position, and the front and rear mud guards removed to be replaced with the plastic from the incorrect Desert hull.

[linked image]

Hope that's whetted some appetites.

All the best
Dan

www.dantaylormodelworks.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. A-9 Upgrade - Tim Treadway on Nov 17, 2016, 11:34 AM
    1. Track - Dan Taylor on Nov 17, 2016, 7:48 PM

2. Great! - Tomas Jakl on Nov 17, 2016, 2:58 PM
    1. Re: Great! - Dan Taylor on Nov 17, 2016, 7:48 PM

3. looks great!! - paul bishop on Nov 17, 2016, 3:23 PM