Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Russian T-40 (S-Models kit)

January 22 2017 at 8:27 AM
Andrew Lang  (Login andrewjnlang)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 84.13.118.182

Response to WEEKLY UPDATE - 22.1.2017

All

Here is my simple, unambitious model of the Russian T-40, using the nice S-Models kit. Most of the changes/detail additions are evident from the photos – I still have to make the headlights and add a few other details. I wanted to improve the moulded-on look of the tools on the trackguards and the rather solid-looking air intake: I’m not sure that the EB screening that I used for the latter is quite right, but it was the best that I had to hand. In contrast, I’m quietly satisfied with the way that the scratchbuilt 12.7mm DShK MG turned out.

The track teeth are the usual S-Models ‘ridges’, but are particularly prominent on this kit. I improved the look of the lower track run by removing the short sections between each roadwheel, cutting/filing the gap in which the roadwheel would run and then cementing the section back in place. The part will retain adequate strength if you only remove one section at a time and use plenty of liquid cement when replacing it. It’s also important to guillotine the section out with a craft knife: a saw will remove material, even if only a small amount. Not much else to say about the build, but at least it has the right number of roadwheels…

Andy Lang

T-40 (1)

T-40 (2)

This message has been edited by andrewjnlang from IP address 84.13.118.182 on Jan 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Nice. - Dave Rhodes on Jan 22, 2017, 8:56 AM
  3. Nice Detail - Peter Marshall on Jan 22, 2017, 11:03 AM
    1. T-40 etched brass - Andrew Lang on Jan 23, 2017, 3:49 AM

4. Thats nice, - Jörg Fiedler on Jan 22, 2017, 11:39 AM
    1. Thanks Jorg - nice webpage - Andrew Lang on Jan 23, 2017, 3:50 AM

5. a vast improvement - paul bishop on Jan 23, 2017, 1:20 AM
  7. That is some great work! - Andrew Smith on Jan 23, 2017, 10:02 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse