Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Re: Churchill in Tunisa and Italy

May 12 2017 at 10:44 PM
Dave Haine  (Login braillescaledave)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 151.225.109.25

Response to Churchill in Tunisa and Italy

The Churchill you mention with a 3" in the turret was the Churchill I CS (close support).

Never heard of the 2 pdr being mounted in the hull, though, not sure what the point would be either- by then the Is and IIs had been replaced by the IIIs and IVs. Could see the I CS lasting into Italy- as you say each regiment had 6 'Close Support' tanks, which would be their purpose, and there seems to have never been a CS version of the IIIs and IVs

As far as I knew, the US 75mm had HE (high explosive) rounds available, so not sure that IV (NA75) equipped regiments would have needed them.

Mind you, there was a HE round available for the 6pdr- and those regiments had CS troops so...

Indeed the british 75mm had an HE round, but there was still the Churchill V and VIII with a 95mm Howitzer, so go figure....

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. North Irish Horse. - Dave Rhodes on May 13, 2017, 12:17 PM
    1. Re: North Irish Horse. - Dave Haine on May 13, 2017, 4:48 PM
      1. Not reports. - Dave Rhodes on May 13, 2017, 5:40 PM
        1. Re: Not reports. - Dave Haine on May 15, 2017, 3:29 AM
          1. I thought that I read an account of that? - David Byrden on May 15, 2017, 9:21 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse