Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Re: North Irish Horse.

May 13 2017 at 4:48 PM
Dave Haine  (Login braillescaledave)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 151.225.109.25

Response to North Irish Horse.

Did that- didn't see any II CS (the one with the 2pdr in the hull). Which is not surprising because my contact, (an retired Vauxhall Archivist) was adamant that there were only prototypes produced, no serial production. After the I CS (the one with two 3" Howitzers) the next CS variants were the V and VIII with 95mm howitzer.

Just to really muddy the waters, all the NA75 conversions were on MkIV turrets, but some of these were placed on MkIII hulls.

There were also approved modifications putting the MkVII Cupola on MkIII turrets, and earlier marks. (Which may account for the P3 cupola reports).

There were some 6pdr guns which were rebored to 75mm too- can't imagine how long they lasted.

This is without all the additional armour packs that may well have been added to earlier variants.

As DR says- lots of fun with Churchills.

The real shame is, Unlike the Sherman, though no RAF variants.

This message has been edited by braillescaledave from IP address 151.225.109.25 on May 13, 2017 4:51 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Not reports. - Dave Rhodes on May 13, 2017, 5:40 PM
    1. Re: Not reports. - Dave Haine on May 15, 2017, 3:29 AM
      1. I thought that I read an account of that? - David Byrden on May 15, 2017, 9:21 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse