Churchill's in Tunisia and Italy.May 14 2017 at 7:45 AM
|Dave Rhodes (Login DaveRhodes)|
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Further to the post below on Churchill variants and oddities, i have tracked down a photograph of the Churchill with the Panzer 3 cupola.
The tank in question belonged to the North Irish Horse in Italy, it was a MK 1 fitted with TWO 3" howitzers. Markings on the right stowge bin is a red square with a capital letter,white F. The name "Bushmills" is in white lettering on the later type air intake. All other markings are for N.I.H. in Italy at the time.
- NIH - Adrian Camp on May 14, 2017, 11:25 AM
- Re: Churchill's in Tunisia and Italy. - Dave Haine on May 15, 2017, 3:43 AM
- Guess. - Dave Rhodes on May 15, 2017, 4:39 AM
- Re: Guess. - Grant Parkin on May 15, 2017, 5:29 AM
- Scan. - Dave Rhodes on May 15, 2017, 10:25 AM
- see thread a few down - Elliott Winthrop on May 15, 2017, 2:55 PM
- Re: Guess. - Dave Haine on May 15, 2017, 10:24 AM
- Any evidence of a NA75 Churchill with a PzIII cupola? - Greg Knowles on May 15, 2017, 8:26 PM
- Nothing. - Dave Rhodes on May 16, 2017, 2:53 PM
- Thanks.. - Greg Knowles on May 16, 2017, 4:02 PM