Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Firefly hybrid Ic WIP

May 14 2017 at 9:10 AM
Piotr Pyrczak  (Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 83.23.35.54

Response to WEEKLY UPDATE - 14.5.2017

Hi all,
Here's my hybrid Firefly in the making. I used the well known Heller kit together with the old Esci/Italeri hull front, OKB tracks and some spare bits from Dragon Shermans. I didn't have a decent gun shield (I do have an UM one but it's not that good) so I reworked one to match a Firefly shield and house a RB model barrel. The sprockets needed spacers to take the new tracks so that got fixed as well. All it needs now is some stowage and maybe some track armour on the turret. Any suggestions regarding stowage are welcome - I don't want to cake it with tracks as I put a bit of effort to make it look like a Firefly. I'm tempted to put a length of tracks hanging on the bracket I fixed between the front mudguards but I don't know if that's not too much load. I have Dan Taylors ammo boxes on order which will go as part of the stowage. I'm planning to put some camo on the barrel - was chicken wire exclusive to US tanks or was it seen on Commonwealth tanks as well? My plan is to do this one as a Canadian tank, no markings yet still under investigation.

Here we go, all feedback welcome.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Firefly hybrid Ic WIP - Edern Philippe on May 14, 2017, 12:16 PM
    1. Thanks Phil! n/t - Piotr Pyrczak on May 14, 2017, 2:30 PM

2. Firefly - John lewis on May 14, 2017, 1:00 PM
    1. Hi John - Piotr Pyrczak on May 14, 2017, 2:40 PM

3. Very good start, can't wait to see it dressed up... - Graham Mansell on May 14, 2017, 3:42 PM
    1. Thanks Graham n/t - Piotr Pyrczak on May 16, 2017, 6:12 AM

4. Nice kit bash - paul bishop on May 14, 2017, 4:20 PM
    1. Cheers Paul n/t - Piotr Pyrczak on May 16, 2017, 6:13 AM

5. Very nice cross-kitting... - Paul Giles on May 14, 2017, 8:40 PM
    1. Thanks Paul - Piotr Pyrczak on May 16, 2017, 6:15 AM

6. Very nice............ - Dan Rosecrans on May 15, 2017, 1:01 PM
    1. Thanks Dan - Piotr Pyrczak on May 16, 2017, 6:18 AM

7. Canadian Hybrid Firefly - Elliott Winthrop on May 15, 2017, 11:56 PM
    1. love the fake muzzle brake on the barrel!! n/t - paul bishop on May 16, 2017, 1:48 AM
    2. Hi Elliott - Piotr Pyrczak on May 16, 2017, 6:23 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse