Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Mirage Grant Mk 1 pt.6...

May 14 2017 at 8:29 PM
Paul Giles  (Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille
from IP address 176.251.125.169

Response to WEEKLY UPDATE - 14.5.2017

I have finished the painting and added the commander figure to the Grant, it is now ready for the weathering. I will be doing the weathering a little later, when I have sorted the base out so I can match the groundwork with the dust on the tank, well that's the theory. So the model is one of the 4th County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters) about the time before the Gazala battles, the commander being Yeomanry is wearing his cricketing sweater as it is early morning and a bit chilly. His side cap is the CLY distinctive green one with a yellow insert in the top. All the stowage is now painted and the turret also painted. The commander figure is one from the Milicast set of British tankers, the figure has a sweater on hence my painting it as a cricketing sweater. The head wasn't that well defined, not that bad but not as good as I like to paint, so I swapped it for a Prieser head with a flat top. I used a Prieser side cap and modified it to look more 'British' and then made an indent where the headphone strap goes and made some headphones using scrap photo-etch and plastic rod...

[linked image]

[linked image]

The figure was then primed...

[linked image]

[linked image]

And then painted...

[linked image]

I was not that happy with the result and modified the finish a little, this can be seen on the figure when fixed to the tank...

The stowage was painted and the turret, then finally the commander was glued in place...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

As I said, all that remains is the weathering and I will do that later. It has been a very satisfying build and I must mention Dan Taylor who has patiently answered a multitude of questions on uniform and markings, my thanks Dan, very much appreciated.

Thank you for looking, all comments welcome.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Mirage Grant Mk 1 pt.6... - August I Versiani on May 14, 2017, 8:54 PM
    1. Thanks Augusto... - Paul Giles on May 15, 2017, 4:43 AM

2. Grant build - John lewis on May 14, 2017, 9:10 PM
    1. Brushes... - Paul Giles on May 15, 2017, 4:57 AM

3. That's looking great. - al magnus on May 14, 2017, 11:38 PM
    1. Thanks Al... - Paul Giles on May 15, 2017, 6:19 AM

4. love it - paul bishop on May 15, 2017, 1:20 AM
    1. Is it the hat? - Paul Giles on May 15, 2017, 6:27 AM