Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Re: Guess.

May 15 2017 at 10:24 AM
Dave Haine  (Login braillescaledave)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 151.225.109.25

Response to Guess.

I've been doing a bit more digging- far from being a one-off, it seems it was a workshops mod. I've also found at least two tanks that were done, both 1 CS (upgraded) variants- 'Bushmills' and 'Ashbourne', and both North Irish Horse. (There is a third pic, but I can't identify the tank or the census number.

If you look at the commanders hatches, you'll see that they are set in a disc with the commanders vision periscope. It's that disc that was removed. Maybe the intention was for the Churchill to have a cupola, but the exigencies of war meant it was fitted with the easier to produce flat hatches. That aside, that sort of work would have been beyond the LAD's capability and would've had to have been done in Workshops. Which means there must have been some authority to do it.

So far it seems to have been a NIH mod- I wonder if they confined it to the early models, or troop commanders vehicles, or even close support variants. I've not come across a gun tank with it yet, but who knows?

This message has been edited by braillescaledave from IP address 151.225.109.25 on May 16, 2017 2:37 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Any evidence of a NA75 Churchill with a PzIII cupola? - Greg Knowles on May 15, 2017, 8:26 PM
    1. Nothing. - Dave Rhodes on May 16, 2017, 2:53 PM
      1. Thanks.. - Greg Knowles on May 16, 2017, 4:02 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse