Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Armorys G4 wheels, and OKBs new Hetzer road wheels...

May 15 2017 at 10:46 PM
Peter Sisung  (Login petersisung)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 107.5.190.195

I recently received a product or two that I'd ordered, and thought I share a pic or two, and a thought or two.

First off are the new Armory G4 staff car off-road pattern wheels with weighted tires. This is a beautiful complete set of wheels, with spares included, and should look very nice on the ICM G4. Armory has paid attention to detail on these, and each wheel is not only beautifully rendered as weighted, but there are also three separate hub positions modeled so that the bolts on each hub aren't in the same place as the other wheels. Because of this, the wheels won't appear to have turned in perfect synchronicity together, but each hub will appear to have turned slightly different than the others, which would occur naturally. Nicely done Armory. Here are a few pics…

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Next are the new Hetzer road wheels from OKB. These too are very nicely done, and attention to detail is superb. Even the back side of each road wheel is bevelled rather than flat, as the UM and old ESCI offerings appear. UM owes a debt of gratitude to OKB for offering modelers the opportunity to upgrade to more accurate, detailed Hetzer running gear and tracks. OKB has revived my interest in modeling the pz 38t and Hetzer series vehicles, and I suspect I am not alone. Here are a couple pics…

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thank you OKB and Armory for continuing to supply exceptional materials to update existing kits. Your involvement in braille modeling significantly contributes to the "golden age of braille" aura we are currently experiencing in our hobby.

Cheers,
Peter

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Parts - John lewis on May 16, 2017, 1:29 AM
    1. Why not use the Panther D one... - Rob Pye on May 18, 2017, 12:42 PM
      1. Won't work - Piotr Pyrczak on May 19, 2017, 10:48 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse