Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Down by the riverside - StuG conversion rebuild completed

May 16 2017 at 6:53 AM
Piotr Pyrczak  (Login ppyrczak)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 81.190.50.75

Hi all,
Here's my rebuilt StuG conversion finally with a base and some figures. I had this old Modelltrans early Ausf G hull together with Revell lower hull and running gear standing on the shelf and thought I'll give it new life. Since my goal, a Stug Abt 202 vehicle, was one of those built on Pz III Ausf M hulls I had to covert my conversion set. I rebuilt the overhang with a scratchbuilt deep wading muffler and reworked the forward hatches to have the flat sealable ones. Besides that I added a new muzzle brake, a makeshift stowage rack at the back and those wooden side skirts made of sheet styrene. The tracks are PE from Part, something from pre-OKB times. I had a bit of a problem sculpting my figures, bare body is susceptible to proportion faults (at least for me). It doesn't take much to have a forearm or thigh too thick or the waist too small, doing figs in uniforms seems a bit easier. This was also my first time sculpting loose clothing, it could probably look better but for now this is all my skills allow.
Anyway here are the photos, all feedback welcome as always.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

WIP post:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/message/1491739729

Cheers
Piotr

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Down by the riverside - StuG conversion rebuild completed - Petr Vanek on May 16, 2017, 7:13 AM
    1. Hi Petr - Piotr Pyrczak on May 17, 2017, 6:57 AM

2. well done! - Kevin Tong on May 16, 2017, 8:18 AM
    1. Thanks Kevin n/t - Piotr Pyrczak on May 17, 2017, 6:57 AM

3. Very nice, interesting concept, you should have had... - Graham Mansell on May 16, 2017, 4:00 PM
    1. Thanks Graham - Piotr Pyrczak on May 17, 2017, 7:07 AM
      1. Re: Thanks Graham - Petr Vanek on May 17, 2017, 8:59 AM
        1. Well... - Piotr Pyrczak on May 17, 2017, 9:17 AM

4. Great work Piotr - Elliott Winthrop on May 17, 2017, 8:02 PM
    1. Thanks Elliott - Piotr Pyrczak on May 20, 2017, 7:40 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse