Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Thank you!

August 11 2017 at 9:24 AM
George H. Buzby  (Login Gbuzby)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 130.16.98.182

Response to Decals for BEF Carriers

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the feedback. This DG is such a great resource both to fellow modellers and manufacturer. It's so nice to get such helpful responses. I was not aware of the the Black Lion set and I'll have to look into what Stamers offers. Dan, that sounds promising and I'm sure the set will be wonderful.

I want to share the following e-mail I got from Pete at Aleran. I was floored by the thoughtful and well-considered reply:

"Hi George,

Thanks for your inquiry. The best sheet for BEF carriers would be the UK-1 sheet. Have you seen the website image? I did revise this sheet in 2012. This sheet will give you decals for the AoS, unit insignias, license plates, and white squares. Bridging signs and some names would be in sheet UK-5. UK-5 does have some names of specific BEF carriers: 'Ally Sloper', 'Drogheda', and I think 'Belvoir'.

If you are looking for specific carrier markings with names and WD numbers, I can always do some custom markings for you. If you can let me know exactly what you would like, I can give you a quote and we can go from there.

A useful site for BEF carrier (plus other) markings used to be the Armored Acorn site, but I think it is not functioning anymore. I did find an archive link here:https://web.archive.org/web/20050207101843/http://www.armouredacorn.com:80/Reference/CVM/Not3.htm
The pictures don't show but if you click the little boxes the image will open. I would suggest saving them off to your local drive. I plan to, now that I know they may disappear.

Regards,
Pete Marshall
Aleran"

Thank you all!

George

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Vehicle Names - Peter Marshall on Aug 11, 2017, 10:52 AM
    1. Aleran custom decal pricing - Elliott Winthrop on Aug 11, 2017, 4:33 PM

2. Aleran Decal Sheet UK-1 - Elliott Winthrop on Aug 11, 2017, 3:49 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse