Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

The squares are there...

September 8 2017 at 3:45 AM
Rob Pye  (Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 92.5.87.102

Response to love that, wow!!!

The squares are there, as Mike has just scaled down his 1/35 and 1/48 designs for the pattern. One thing I have noticed is that the smaller the scale some things (lines) do get a little lost in the pattern. However, if you make the lines deeper than you get a weird looking pattern that doesn't look right.

Here is a link to a photo of Mike's wonderful 1/48 Alkett zim pattern, and the squares are noticeable.

http://www.monroeperdu.com/Waffle-Pattern-Zimmerit-for-148-Scale-Stug-III_p_85.html

I will pass on the info to Mike to see what he can do. Thanks so much for your feedback, as we really do want to get this right.

Speaking of which, I was talking to Mike last night (8 hr time difference) and he tells me that the Alkett and MiAG patterns for the Dragon Stug III should be ready for release sometime next week, ahead of the Panther (Mike is still waiting to receive some model parts I posted him to finish the Revell kit off). So once Mike has played around a bit more with the pattern we will all be able to recreate scale zimmerit for our Stugs!

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse