Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Very easy indeed!

September 8 2017 at 4:02 PM
Rob Pye  (Login docpye2)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 92.5.87.102

Response to Re: 1/72 Zimmerit...this time for the Stug III

Creating chipping effects and/or battle damage is really easy given the medium (paper). Mike advises that you primer your kit first then cut out the zim patterns (they are all precut) and then use PVA glue to place on the kit. Once the zim is on you can create chipping and/or battle damage with a knife as you like. You can even do it before applying the zim but it is probably best to do it after so you don't tear things.

I also do 1/48 models and Kevin Townsend has done a really helpful guide to building a Stug III from start to finish, and he used Monroe Perdu's great zim. So have a look at what he has done and you will get an idea how easy this material is to work with.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/433829/thread/1499183519/1/Stug+III+Ausf+G+take+II

Just scrolled down a 1/3 of the page and you will find a full write-up on Kevin's experience using the MP zimmerit. Many others have used it (including me) and found it really easy to work with, producing great looking and realistic zimmerit that you simply can't achieve via other mediums. As I said before, after being a customer of MIke's 1/48 zim sheets I talked him into giving 1/72 a try, and the seeing really is believing. This is just one of those products, like OKBs tracks, that revolutionize how we make good models.

Please remember people, I am not financially involved in Mike's company - Monroe Perdu - at all. I am just helping Mike out with marketing, research, and motivation! Like the rest of you, I just want to have realistic zimmerit on my German AFVs and this is the best product I have found, vastly superior to PE, putty, or molded on plastic zim (like Dragon does). I have a huge stash of Panthers, Pz IVs, Stugs, etc...and they are all going to benefit from Mike's hard work. Mike has done wonders in 1/48 (and 1/35), and now he is working his magic in 1/72!

Respond to this message   

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse