Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Catch 22

September 10 2017 at 1:46 AM
Andrew deeley   (Login deeley)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 86.183.140.122

Response to Best way to display an interior of an AFV?

Hi
I like to add interiors to my tanks and do enjoy the challenge even if I'm the only one to know it's there. However I have never found a way or seen one tank with an interior that shows off the full detail added without compromising the shape of the tank or making the interior look more spacious than it is. Ie cut outs, removed turret, factory build etc. So Catch 22.

Possibly the nearest I have seen is David Parkers 1/16 Tiger 2 build. This had full interior but the turret and hull roof were detachable. But then you lose the aspect of a cramped interior.

As stated I think to achieve your goal of showing how cramped the BMP interior is you need to add some figures in situ other wise you lose the perspective. Adding figures means blocking out detail. I do remember in an old Mil Mod (Airfix) Annual from the 1970s someone built a 1/72 Tiger 1 with the full interior and crew in combat positions. He did use the cut at style to show it all off. But only cut away the left side so from the right you saw a complete Tiger. On second thoughts maybe this was the best way to do it.

So as I said catch 22

As to lighting. Search You Tube. I've recall seeing some how to videos on there for Sci Fi stuff with fibre optics.

Regards
Andrew

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. It is mainly the cramped space I want to portray - Simon Barnes on Sep 10, 2017, 11:34 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse