Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

Finished the Roden Vomag bus

September 10 2017 at 3:49 PM
Peter Petkov  (Login pgp000)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 84.242.140.154

Response to WEEKLY UPDATE - 10.9.2017

The number of times I started and stopped working on this is beyond counting. It's probably held together by the layers of Surfacer and paint alone. Staring with 1,5mm gap between the coach shells I've fought with this kit every step of the way.
After the last paint strip I removed the ladder at the back, and since it lost a pair of its attachment legs I made no effort in attaching it again, just plugged the holes. While removing the cheat line masking a lot of the white paint just took off - no idea why - so I did some touch ups with a brush, and it shows.

After the final gloss coat managed to dry in a spotty pattern I went into polishing it for 2 straight hours. You can see a piece of PE railing on the luggage rack popping up - it got pulled by the motor tool I was buffing the thing with. Finally it was soapy water to remove the polishing compound, hence the fogged windows...

[img][linked image][/img]

And here the next morning after the water dried.

Aftermarket is limited to OKB Grigorov wheels (that is wheel rims + tires happy.gif ).

The chassis buckled up at some point, hence some additional geometrical deficiencies. I sure am glad it's done. In terms of crooked assembly method this kit was only rivaled by the 1/24 Italeri Cadillac Town Car I finished a while ago. Was thinking of building another Vomag as a Luftwaffe staff bus, but have since dropped the idea.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Bus - John lewis on Sep 10, 2017, 8:50 PM
  3. Really well done... - Paul Giles on Sep 11, 2017, 2:14 PM
  5. Re: Finished the Roden Vomag bus - jan willem bakker on Sep 11, 2017, 2:38 PM
  7. Well Done Peter! - Mark Deliduka on Sep 11, 2017, 2:49 PM
  9. But doesn't it feel good to finally win the wrestling... - Graham Mansell on Sep 11, 2017, 3:56 PM
  11. if you want to make it.................................. - peter van kempen on Sep 12, 2017, 5:43 PM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse