Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
 Return to Index  

wrestling a slippery pig: the ACE 250/9

September 13 2017 at 8:34 AM
Kevin Tong  (Login KevT)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 73.3.187.215

Response to GROUP BUILD 2017.3 - RECCE - Week 6 of 22...

Started on the interior of the Sd. Kfz. 250/9. Unlike the 250/1, most of the interior will be blocked out by the turret and gun mount so I skimped a lot on details - just the minimum (for example, even though parts are included for the driver's panel, radio and steering wheel/controls, I left them all off). Looking at the rear of the vehicle first the main feature is the ammo boxes for the 20 mm cannon (sorry for the blurred pic):

[linked image]

I should mention that the roof piece took a LOT of work to get it so that it would fit correctly on the hull. Sections from two sides were cut away and the considerable gaps were filled with pieces of plastic strip, putty and gallons of gap-filling superglue! On the right side is the spare MG 34:

[linked image]

On the left is the fire extinguisher and gas masks:

[linked image]

I cut out the rear door so as to model it open - so most of the rear details will be visible.

[linked image]

The cable comes from Eureka XXL. The clamps were scratchbuilt. I also scratchbuilt the door (which will be left off until after painting) since the one that was cut from the model was way too thick as well as having mangled edges.

[linked image]

Progress is slow but steady. Despite all the extra work and headaches I am actually starting to develop a real fondness for these two little builds - kind of like a special needs child who needs extra love and attention! See you again next week...

This message has been edited by KevT from IP address 73.3.187.215 on Sep 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Good effort - Piotr Pyrczak on Sep 13, 2017, 2:48 PM
  3. Re: wrestling a slippery pig: the ACE 250/9 - jan willem bakker on Sep 13, 2017, 4:34 PM
  5. 250 - Tim Treadway on Sep 13, 2017, 5:23 PM
  7. Cutting the Door - Tim Marshall on Sep 13, 2017, 6:46 PM
  9. Very nice start, Kevin.....Dan n/t - Dan Rosecrans on Sep 13, 2017, 10:47 PM
  11. good wrestling skills sir ;) n/t - Paul Bishop on Sep 14, 2017, 1:53 AM
  13. ACE kits do that to you... - Paul Giles on Sep 14, 2017, 4:06 AM
    1. thanks to all... - Kevin Tong on Sep 14, 2017, 8:39 AM

14. Great work so far Kevin - Elliott Winthrop on Sep 16, 2017, 4:42 AM

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse