Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Academy jeep built as Firemen Vehicle

October 26 2009 at 9:47 PM
Francisco Bexiga  (Login Francisco_Bexiga)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 85.247.162.178

This is an Academy Jeep from their Ground Vehicles vol. 1 box. It'll be built as a firemen command car from the 70s, used by the city/municipality of Torres Vedras, Portugal.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Some modifications I've made:

-Re-shaped tyres and detailed wheel rims;
-New exhaust made of plastic and copper wire;
-New headlights, turn indicators and firemen symbol added to the grill;
-Reshaped wind-shield, added some details as well, like the rear-view mirror and the wind-shield wiping mechanism;
-Modified engine hood with the addition of the BV-TV symbol made of wire and Tamiya putty shaped with acetone and Tamiya Extra Thin glue.
-New steering-wheels made of coper wire, new gear-shift levers, modified seat cushions;
-Modified rear-body with the addition of the framing bearing the BV-TV letters(Bombeiros Voluntários de Torres Vedras), made of wire;
-Modified spare wheels and spare-wheel mounting mechanism.

How it looks at the moment, ready for primer and paint:

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

More "in-progress" and "finished" photos in my blog, so not to flood this topic:

http://fbminisworkbench.blogspot.com/search/label/Academy%20Willys%20Jeep%20Bombeiros%20Volunt%C3%A1rios%20de%20Torres%20Vedras%20%28Torres%20Vedras%20Fireman%29

Happy modelling,

Francisco
http://fbminis.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marc Mercier
(Login marcmercier)
Missing-Lynx members

Very original

October 27 2009, 1:40 AM 

I like it, makes quite a difference from all those drab versions. I love to way you made the BV in metall

Greetings

Marc

Respond to this message   
Filipe Cunha
(Login fsrpcunha)
Missing-Lynx members

This is some piece of work

October 27 2009, 5:00 AM 

It just look fantastic!!!! Excellent work.

So you did the "wing lady" out of wire and Tamya putty???!!!!

Please keep us posted! I really want to see how this looks like when it's finished!

Cunha

Replace .arroba. by the at symbol

Respond to this message   
Mark Deliduka
(Login Duke_Maddog)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Academy jeep....

October 27 2009, 2:18 PM 

Fransisco, flood this topic! That is outstanding work! Stunning! I would love to see more posted here. Beautiful job, and thanks for posting. I agree, it is great to see one of these in something besides olive drab every once in a while.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login Francisco_Bexiga)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Academy jeep built as Firemen Vehicle

October 27 2009, 7:30 PM 

Thank you, guys happy.gif

To create the bird, I shaped a small length of wire like a "T", glued it in place with superglue and painted it with tamiya putty diluted in acetone, then I proceeded to remove the excess putty with a 3/0 brush and Tamiya Extra Thin glue.

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse