Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some Revell + Airfix news

November 21 2010 at 2:37 PM
  (Login bixio)
Missing-Lynx members

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Mondria)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Some Revell + Airfix news

November 21 2010, 5:06 PM 

looks like another flak with another type of range finder, I was hoping for A 20mm vierling or 37mm flak as they also used that type of trailer, still a good thing that new stuff is coming out

Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my workhttp://poky609.fotopic.net/

Respond to this message   

(Login Sgt.Squarehead)
Missing-Lynx members

Err.....

November 21 2010, 5:20 PM 

Looks more like the same weapon and rangefinder built in two colour schemes one deployed and the other ready to travel.

All the best

Respond to this message   

(Login Mondria)
Missing-Lynx members

oops

November 21 2010, 5:38 PM 

oops your right

Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my workhttp://poky609.fotopic.net/

Respond to this message   

(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Cool to see the Airfix Bedfords Built up

November 21 2010, 5:29 PM 

They look nice,I hope they don't cost to much though,
Got a fright when I picked up the old Churchill AVRE with New Bridge parts,
as my son wanted it, But had a $36 price sticker on it!
(Be OK for 2 new tooled kits as they would work out at $18 each)

The resin buildings are nice but for $50 each I'll pass.

Cheers Elliott

Respond to this message   
Chris Collins
(Login Chris_Collins)
Missing-Lynx members

By airfix's website...

November 21 2010, 5:52 PM 

They're 7.99 pounds, same price as the refueller set.

10.99 for the bridgelayer. (which does seem OTT, I must say, its still based on that ancient churchill kit, that is incorrect for a wartime bridgelayer)

12.99 for the resin buildings.

considering the exchange rate at the moment (australia?), I'd say you're being had! I think its very short sighted for retailers to not correct their prices for big changes in exchange rate (like we're currently seeing). They wonder why they loose business to online retailers. I'm sure hobby place in melbourne have the same over priced airfix (repopped by hobbycraft?) crusaders from the early 90s.

Dumb!

Respond to this message   

(Login DavidJClark)
Missing-Lynx members

Cheaper in Oz

November 23 2010, 2:54 AM 

Elliott

The Bridgelayer is AUD16 (and you don't pay our GST) at HobbyHQ and I picked one up at my local hobby shop for AUD19 last week (it's taken ages for that kit to make it here!).

The QLT looks good but I think it still has non-directional treads. Good thing I have plenty of Retrotrack replacement tyres! The QLs should sell for around AUD12 plus GST if they're the same price as the refueller set.

Regards

David

Respond to this message   

(Login stuzzar)
Missing-Lynx members

Some more Airfix Bedford pics

November 24 2010, 1:39 PM 

Here are some more pictures of the Airfix Bedfords, taken while on a trip to Airfix/Hornby HQ with the Airfix Tribute Forum. I am no Bedford expert but they certainly look good to me and if they are going for £7.99 a set I will definately be stocking up on them.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Cheers

Stu

Respond to this message   

(Login Albowie)
Missing-Lynx members

I know this is sacreligous but

November 27 2010, 4:50 PM 

THose Bedfords look great and I'm pleased to see Airfix back in the Braille market but I'd love to see Airfix upscale those to 35th as well.
Al

Respond to this message   

(Login agboak)
Missing-Lynx members

More importantly, distracting

November 28 2010, 5:10 AM 

They are only inching back into AFVs at all, and a diversion into another scale would possibly grind the whole process to a halt.

However, I suspect they see the whole 1/76 series as a niche market and an important entry point for new/junior modellers, who might be put off by a large detailed 1/35.

However, they have (in effect) started again in ship modelling with 1/350 rather than pursue their previous consistent-scale series, so a change in scales can't be ruled out, and there is historic precendence in their range.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Some Revell + Airfix news
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse