Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

How well motorized was 3rd FJ between Normandy/Ardennes

October 11 2011 at 5:16 PM
David Ilse  (Login Panzer_M)
Missing-Lynx members

I was asked about their mobility for the 3rd FJ elements with KG Becker and Hurtgenwald..I have no idea for an answer, so I figured I'd ask here. This came up in a wargaming session.

This message has been edited by Panzer_M on Oct 11, 2011 5:17 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Oke Freitag
(Login GumSmith)
Missing-Lynx members

nearly nothing

October 12 2011, 3:05 AM 

Hi David,
in June 1944 the Division has round about 40% of it`s Kfz. A lot of different types and manufacturers, not enough spare parts. When the divison was rebuilt in autumn 1944, most of vailable Vehicles was needed for the armoured and motorized divisions. The division was sent from the Düren area where it fought in Novembre 1944 to the Schneeeifel by feet because of the lack of motorized transports. reports show, that even ammo and equipment has to be carried by the troops itself in hand-carriages, as there were no motorized or horse-drawn transports available.

cheers oke

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse