Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hobby Boss 1/72 German 280mm K5{E} Railway Gun

October 15 2011 at 5:05 PM
  (Login mailman7777777)
Missing-Lynx members

Has anyone built one. I did their Dora and it was fantastic. Any reviews? I can't seem to find any.
What about their 1/72 Locomotives?

Owen

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login maultier)
Missing-Lynx members

henk of holland

October 15 2011, 6:09 PM 

he have the best reviews in braille scale.

cheers.

Respond to this message   

(Login Panthertanks)
Missing-Lynx members

Rail gun

October 16 2011, 3:55 AM 

Hi,
I've got to the weathering stage with mine and I must say I was very impressed with the level of detail that can be obtained straight from the box. Just need some turned brass shells that I believe Schatton Modellbau do. The only problem I encountered was with the build up of the wheel bogies. I have never built anything railway before and found the construction fiddly and parts very fragile, I do have sausages for fingers though. If you've built the DORA you should have no problems. Thouroughly recommend this kit.
Cheers

Respond to this message   

(Login Duke_Maddog)
Missing-Lynx members

Hobby Boss Lokomotive

October 17 2011, 12:22 PM 

I built the Br-52 Kriegslokomotive and it was a fun build; if a bit scary with all the fiddly bits on it. It was tough getting all the wheels to line up straight, and I had an issue with the outside connectors on the large wheels not going on right sue to the position of the wheels. that step definitely needs to be done while the glue on the axles is still wet.

It builds into a gorgeous model:

[linked image]

[linked image]

I just picked up the Dora as well and hope to get started on her soon. Meanwhile, I'm trying to finish up my armored train.

Respond to this message   

(Login mailman7777777)
Missing-Lynx members

Looks nice

October 17 2011, 5:10 PM 

I don't know if I want to try it after stopping my 1/35th scale one over a year ago.

Owen

Respond to this message   

(Login Duke_Maddog)
Missing-Lynx members

I'd say....

October 18 2011, 10:45 AM 

Go for it. This one doesn't have as many pieces as the 1/35th scale one. Yeah, they may be smaller pieces, but nothing a tweezers couldn't handle if it came to that. I'm certain that if you started the 1/35th scale one; you'll have no problems with this in 1/72 scale.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Hobby Boss 1/72 German 280mm K5{E} Railway Gun
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse