Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some very sad news

January 13 2012 at 6:57 PM
Tim Neate  (Login Tim_Neate)
Missing-Lynx members

This evening, I received some very sad news. Horst Kalinke the owner and master craftsman behind Continental Model Supply Company (CMSC), died in hospital at 11.00 last night (12th January). Horst had been diagnosed with cancer last year and was under going course treatment, sadly and unexpectly he lost the fight. Horst had been admitted to hospital earlier this week for monitoring, but late last night his family was called to his bedside as he rapidly weakened.

Personally, I feel very sad at the loss of my dear friend Horst, he was a great guy who loved a challenge. Horst was a master craftsman who's skills, enthusiasm, energy and talent will be greatly missed by the whole modelling community. I will never forget the quiet little white haired German guy puffing on a rollup, who helped me so much with my extravagant modelling projects, which he put in to production.

Rest In Peace Horst Kalinke.

Tim Neate

This message has been edited by Tim_Neate on Jan 14, 2012 2:40 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
paul warner
(Login tank8367)
Missing-Lynx members

Very sad news...

January 13 2012, 8:34 PM 

Thank you for passing this on Tim...put quite a few bits of CSMC stuff together over the years,Horst was a really nice,approachable guy...a pal of mine up here was very friendly with him in the past,he will be really upset to hear this too....a truly sad loss...Paul Warner.

Respond to this message   
Angelo Errigo
(Login nuvolanera)
Missing-Lynx members

sad day

January 14 2012, 1:10 AM 

Family to arrive my condolences.

Saluti e Buon Modellismo

Respond to this message   
Smith Phillip
(Login Panthertanks)
Missing-Lynx members

RIP Dear friend

January 14 2012, 4:28 AM 

How sad. What a great man and a good friend. I will miss him dearly. As many of you may know I used to sell CMSC kits when I ran PDI Model Supplies. He was a dear friend and my thoughts go out to his family.
He will be sadly missed on the modelling scene.
If Tim or anyone knows when the funeral is please let me know and I will try and attend.

RIP Horst

Respond to this message   
Ian Hanratty
(Login Ubique)
Missing-Lynx members

Very Sad News

January 14 2012, 4:32 AM 

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for posting.

Horst was a great chap and a real gentleman, always humble with his skills, willing to help and explain things. I dont think he ever realised how highly he was regarded by Small Scale modellers. As befits a Fallschrimjager he was a real fighter, and continued working as long as he could.

Even when he was in pain and out of breath he always had a joke and kept on smiling.

Both Lily and I will miss him greatly.
Our thoughts are with Joyce, his wife and David, his son.

Rest in peace my friend

Ian

Respond to this message   
Matt Ponas
(Login 101MattP)
Missing-Lynx members

Sad News...

January 14 2012, 4:40 AM 

May Horst rest in peace.. He will be missed...

Matt Ponas
United States

Respond to this message   
Calum Melrose
(Login calum_melrose)
Missing-Lynx members

He will be missed

January 14 2012, 5:11 AM 

I heard this news this morning from Ian, its very sad my thoughts go out to his family

Calum

Respond to this message   
Dave Rhodes
(Login DaveRhodes)
Missing-Lynx members

Horst

January 14 2012, 10:36 AM 

Really sorry to hear this sad news, Many of us have benefited from his enthusisasm and skill, he shared his gift with the rest of us. My sincere condolences to his family.

Respond to this message   
Mark Deliduka
(Login Duke_Maddog)
Missing-Lynx members

Rest in Peace

January 14 2012, 11:23 AM 

I didn't know him, nor have I ever used CMSC products, but any loss is a grievous one, especially to one's family. To many small scale armor modelers he was family and I shall pray for him and his family. May God welcome him into His kingdom and may his family receive strength and peace.

Respond to this message   
peter harrington
(Login peterfh)
Missing-Lynx members

God bless him

January 15 2012, 12:52 AM 

condolences on the loss of your friend, sounds like he was a good man

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse