Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1/72 ESCI-Three WWII German Half-tracks (IMG&Link Reviews)

May 15 2012 at 9:37 AM
Cristian Florescu  (Login Panzer_Grenadire)
Missing-Lynx members

I have just posted ohttp://www.ww2germans.com/ three new Extended reviews of the figures available in ESCI half-track kits, namely Sd.Kfz.251/1, SdKfz.11, and SdKfz.250/3.
The images feature not only the painted standard figs and some conversions, but also the vehicles (which were painted & converted more than 10 years ago)... happy.gif Still, the figs passed through an upgarde process in the last period... happy.gif

For much more images and texts of the reviews please visit the above mentioned web-site. Direct links to the these reviews are provided on the Home page (Update 4).

I hope you will like them.

Cristian Florescu

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

This message has been edited by Panzer_Grenadire on May 15, 2012 10:08 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alfred van Netburg
(Login alfred250251)
Missing-Lynx members

Esci 250 251

May 15 2012, 12:41 PM 

Hello cristian, nice to see these Esci halftracks again, they are the backbone of my halftrack collection. I used them so many times I even have a seperate sparebox for them...

Those are still good figures to work with, and I know them all well. I used to cut off all their packings and binoculars to use as interior standard storage on the 250 series halftracks.
Same for the rifles and Schmeissers which may be slightly overscale but the detail is so good they look ok, especially when the gunblack base paint is touched over with light grey to reveal the detail.

The vehicles nowadays don't meet the standarts set so high by the new (Dragon/Revell) releases but with some work still stand proud. Yours are well painted too and good pics made.
I wish I could make time to replace the tracks on my Esci 250 series but I know it won't happen....

Keep those oldies comming Cristian, they deserve your carefull hands painting them !!

Alfred van Netburg

Respond to this message   
Cristian Florescu
(Login Panzer_Grenadire)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Esci 250 251

May 16 2012, 2:00 AM 

Hello Alfred,

Kind thanks for your message and I am extremely happy seeing you have enjoyed these kits...happy.gif

Indeed, ESCI did a wonderful job for those times and I am glad Italeri has started to reissue most of those... Most of us greu up and developed abilities on the ESCI kits, so nice memories...Even the models presented here are painted 10 or more years ago...happy.gif

I still have almost finished some old Hasegawa kits with figs but I think my next posts will focus on some newer products....and very rare encountered on the web....I can say those will be some "specials" intended to be posted when I launched my website but delayed a little due to the lack of time to finalise them...happy.gif

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse