Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

M4A1 76w HVSS WIP

June 21 2012 at 3:28 PM
Will Alcott  (Login will.alcott)
Missing-Lynx members

...now there's a designation for you!

Here's my kitbash of Dragon's M4A1 76W (Upper hull, turret) and M4A3 105mm HVSS (Lower hull and suspension) to create a postwar M4A1 76w HVSS.

Photobucket

These Dragon kits are fantastically detailed, though the engineering leaves a lot to be desired. I found the HVSS parts very flimsy, and I'm still not totally happy with the alignment of the bogies.

Photobucket

I scratchbuilt the fenders (the HVSS fenders for cast hull Shermans differ from the welded hull version provided in the M4A3 105mm kit), along with some post-war upgrades (the Infantry telephone box on the rear hull, the late style gun travel lock, etc.), not to mention the six spare track links, each of which comprises 18 separate pieces! Still to go is the constuction of the mantlet dust cover. The funny looking bent spring on the back of the turret will eventually be a tied-down antenna.

Photobucket

Hopefully this will be the first of a number of post-war Shermans in my collection (thanks to Elliott and Wayne for their contributions to the next project, an M4 105mm).

Will

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John Kelley
(Login JCK46)
Missing-Lynx members

Sherman

June 21 2012, 7:10 PM 

Hi Will
Your Sherman looks very good. I really like the scratch built parts. How do you plan to finish it?

Respond to this message   
elliott winthrop
(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Looking good Will

June 21 2012, 9:25 PM 

Some great detail there.
look forward to seeing the rest
of the collection as they roll out
Cheers elliott

Respond to this message   
Filipe Cunha
(Login fsrpcunha)
Missing-Lynx members

Shermie

June 22 2012, 4:33 AM 

Great Sherman. Lots of details. Fantastic build.

Will this be a US Sherman? Or maybe a 6 day war IDF Sherman? Bison just released a decal sheets just for these.

Don't forget to post pictures when it is finished!

Replace .arroba. by the at symbol

Respond to this message   
Will Alcott
(Login will.alcott)
Missing-Lynx members

French

June 22 2012, 3:33 PM 

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

This will be a French Sherman, probably in fairly prisitine condition. As I understand it, the French Shermans later ended up in Israeli hands, so perhaps it will be a six-day War Sherman, just in an earlier life!

Will

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse