Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

New Figures - British Parade Ground

June 29 2012 at 8:33 AM
  (Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Hello All
Whilst trying to finish the QLR, a number of little jobs have inserted themselves into my plans! I'll be back to that soon but, in the mean time, here are some new 1/76-1/72 figure sets just added to my website. I actually made them a while ago and Milicast have been marketing them but it's about time I did a little more to promote them.

The theme, as the title suggests, is British Soldiers a parade ground/inspection setting. There are three sets - 'Atten-Shun'; 'Stand Easy' and 'Officers-on-Parade'. Each has five figures in various appropriate poses. The attached pictures show figures from the 'Atten-shu' and 'Officers..' sets. If you would like to see further pictures, please go to my site -http://www.dantaylormodelworks.com/british-parade-ground-41-c.asp.
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thanks for looking. Any questions, please let me know.

Best wishes
Dan Taylor

www.dantaylormodelworks.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tomas Jakl
(Login TomasJakl)
Missing-Lynx members

Nice!

June 29 2012, 1:41 PM 

Hi Dan,

Very useful sets! And nicely done as well.

Many thanks
Tomas

Respond to this message   

(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: New Figures - British Parade Ground

June 29 2012, 3:39 PM 

Great figures and great painting....love 'em!!

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   

(Login nikon3)
Missing-Lynx members

British Figures

June 29 2012, 10:46 PM 

Absolutely beautiful. What color pain did you use for the uniforms both enlisted and officer? Need to know as will be getting the Zvezda British sets once released.
Charlie

Respond to this message   

(Login T-izumi)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: New Figures - British Parade Ground

June 29 2012, 11:46 PM 

Respond to this message   

(Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks and paint colours

July 1 2012, 4:54 AM 

Hi
Thanks to Thomas, Neil Charlie and T-izumi for your appreciative comments. It is always good to know you are going along the right lines.

In response to Charlie's question about painting British WWII figures, I posted an outline of my approach in the ongoing article on the Bedford QLR (more of that to follow soon). Thiscopies some of that with a couple of extra notes for the officers' uniforms.

They get a base coat of Humbrol 29 Brown. Once dry, I use Humbrol 26 Khaki as a second base coat dry brushed over the original brown. This is pretty close to the original colour but lifts it a bit. The technique then is to block-colour flesh, boots and webbing. The webbing was made up in a greener shade predominantly Humbrol 159 on the basis that it would have been fairly recently Blancoed. A version of this colour was used for the officers' uniforms and caps.

Once dry, thanks to an overnight rest, a burnt Umber/Black oil wash was flowed over the figures, deepening the shadows. Again, they were set aside, this time for six hours before commencing the most interesting bit, the highlights. This is simply applying a lighter shade of the respective colours. For the Khaki this is Humbrol 26 mixed with a touch of Humbrol 103 Cream. Ive also found of late that skin tone can be brought a little more to life with a thin wash of Humbrol 73 (a sort of wine colour) flowed into ears and between fingers etc. From that point it is just tinkering with different colours until they look right.

Crimson was added to the senior officer using Humbrol 73 mixed with Humbrol 60 Red and his trousers are Humbrol 72 Khaki Drill. Brass buttons are a touch of Humbrol 16 Gold. Leather belts, shoes and gloves are mixed from Humbrol 98 Brown, 33 Black and an old tin of Airfix paint - G11 which is a gloss red/brown. It gives a slight sheen to the leather coming out as a rich, deep brown.

Hope that helps

Dan

www.dantaylormodelworks.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - New Figures - British Parade Ground
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse