Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Maco Ostwind - a short review

July 4 2012 at 5:57 AM
Christian Weber  (Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Gentlemen,
today I want to show You some pics of the forthcoming kit 7209 from Maco, the Flakpanzer IV with 3,7 cm Flak "Ostwind".
Similar to the kits of the Kugelblitz and Moebelwagen, this is a kind of conversion using the wheels, suspension, tracks and other parts from Revell's PzKpfWg IV, and the whole Revell kit is included (means, that many useful Revell-parts could be used for other projects ;D ). I think most of us know the Revell P IV and the Maco Flak43, so let me talk only about the Flakpanzer-parts.
The parts from Maco fits very good to those from Revell, assembly goes fast and without any bigger problems. In the Maco sprue You also can find some Flak43-parts to make the gun fit into the turret.
The turret is moulded from two parts, which I do not glue until the painting and weathering is done, what help me to reach all the smaller parts inside the turret. BTW the turret ring is relative small, I find out by playing a little bit, that it fits perfectly into a Revell PIII hull - so we have the next possibility for a conversion.
Here some pics of the model during assembly ('yellow'parts come from Revell, the 'gray' and 'white' parts are Maco ones).Please note, that my sample is a pre-series test shot, the production models will be of higher quality!
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

And here it is painted (Cammo-scheme seen on vehicles fighting during the battle of the Seelow-hills 1945) using Tamiya-acrillics and weathered with some oils and pigments.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

All in all a very nice kit, which was easy and fast to build, and which fills a big gap (waiving the old Hasegawa kit) in the almost endless range of vehicles based on the P IV.
Highly recommendet!

Thanks and cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Marcus Pollard
(Login MarcusP)
Missing-Lynx members

Moebelwagen is it available?

July 4 2012, 6:47 AM 

Just wondered if the Moebelwagen is commercially available?

Havent seen it on the Maco website?

Cheers!

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Moebelwagen is it available?

July 5 2012, 2:16 PM 

Hi Marcus,

I believe, the Moebelwagen will be available at the end of the year( I hope! ), for details please contact Maco
http://www.mc-modellbau.de/

Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   
Marcus Pollard
(Login MarcusP)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks Christian will do - much appreciated!! n/t

July 6 2012, 5:52 AM 

Respond to this message   
Oke Freitag
(Login GumSmith)
Missing-Lynx members

first presentation on ISSC

July 8 2012, 3:32 AM 

Hi Marcus,
look at the ISSC - homepage, it says the kit will be presented first at the ISSC in Octobre.

http://smallscaleconvention.jimdo.com/

cheers oke

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse