Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

15 cm s.FH 18 (ACE/Dragon kitbash) WIP

July 27 2012 at 5:41 AM
Christian Weber  (Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Gentlemen,

some pics of this famous gun. As we all know, short-run kits allways need a little bit more work. This one turned into work-work-work-work...
EVERY part has to be cleaned, and almost every part has to be overworked - I replaced many of them by scratchbuild ones. The detailling is allways a compromise between my modelling-skills, the availability and facility of the material and the concession to our scale.
The gun is completely replaced by one taken from Dragon's Hummel, I know, in travelling position it should be more backwards, but the Dragon instruction told me to build it so (primary it was specifird for the SPG!). The parts needed most work was the mounting parts for the earth-spades and the wheels - to put the structur into the rims. I hope You like it
The gun will be showed in transport position, towed by a SdKfz 7, I have to cover the gunlock and optic with a tarp, close the barrel and maybe it will be 'decorated' with a few branches.
Thanks for looking, as allways comments are very welcome.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login stevegs)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: 15 cm s.FH 18 (ACE/Dragon kitbash) WIP

July 27 2012, 6:40 AM 

Hi Christian,
Excellent work there! ACE produce some interesting subjects but I know from experience they all need lots of work - its worth it in the end. look foreward to seeing the finished model.

Steve

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

July 27 2012, 7:03 AM 

Thank You Steve!
Yes, they have those kits that other producers disregard. I have already build the 10,5 cm lFh and the Steyr RSO, and it made fun, just like these little monster. I also have a lot of ACE stuff on stash - and You are right; the models are definitly worth the work.
Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   

(Login Panzer_Grenadire)
Missing-Lynx members

July 27 2012, 7:03 AM 

Impressive work, full of nice tiny details...happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

July 27 2012, 7:05 AM 

Thanks Cristian.
The little details sometimes made me crazy - I'm afraid, my eyes and my fingers getting old...
Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   

(Login petersisung)
Missing-Lynx members

An interesting combo...

July 27 2012, 7:42 AM 

Great choice for a kitbash Christian, and the scratch work you're doing is superb!

Nice work on the wheel tread as well. What process did you use to etch the lines in them?

Cheers,
Peter

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: An interesting combo...

July 28 2012, 1:07 AM 

Thanks Peter!
The tires: some times ago Dan Rosecrans posted the idea for a tire-tool, which I used for it:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47210/message/1259128814/It+has+been+a+while.........
It works very good, but I did not use my drillmachine for turning the wheels, but made it per hand - slowly and with patience...
Here is a pic of my tool:
[linked image]
(These are five etched sawblades, with a piece of plastic between each of it, and two pieces of plastic on the outsides to make sure, Your 'lines' will not getting out of control)
Hope this helps You!
Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   

(Login danrosecrans)
Missing-Lynx members

Very nice......

July 28 2012, 2:31 PM 

Christian. Great job on the detail. Your jig for the tire tread may be better than mine;good thinking. I know that the tread detail makes a big difference in the overall appeal of these guns.........Dan

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Very nice......

July 28 2012, 3:08 PM 

Dan,
thank You for Your kind words. Without You and Your idea I never would be able to made this... thank You very very much!
Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   

(Login Fzanus)
Missing-Lynx members

Wow !!!!

July 27 2012, 4:03 PM 

Amazing work! lot of detail and incredible realistic model! Go on! I'll follow you!

Respond to this message   
Christian Weber
(Login christianweber43)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Wow !!!!

July 28 2012, 1:09 AM 

Thanks Federico,
I'll try to do my best, and finish it as soon as possible!
Cheers,
Christian

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 15 cm s.FH 18 (ACE/Dragon kitbash) WIP
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse