Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

WIP 1/72 Centaur part 4

August 9 2012 at 8:45 PM
  (Login danldunbar)
Missing-Lynx members

Hi guys, what a right royal pain in the ass, but its starting to take shape, for anyone new to this project, this is a Royal Marine support group Centaur conversion of the 1/72 Revell Cromwell, decals are from Bison, the turret decals were a nightmare, and took about 2hrs on their own, the decal instruction advised to cut off all the detail from the turret and apply, however to get them to fit I cut them up and placed them around the turret detail, I had to seal them with a gloss coat, it was worth it in the end, I think they look effective, I will have to add the odd number and line with free hand, ignore any gloss effect, the next step will be a matt coat, then onto weathering, all comments welcome.
http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/wip-172-centaur-part-4.html

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login eqneal)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: WIP 1/72 Centaur part 4

August 9 2012, 11:30 PM 

The decals look great, 2 hours well spent! Looking forward to weathering and more.

Respond to this message   

(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Very nice Danl

August 10 2012, 3:02 AM 

looks the business for sure.
Cheers Elliott

Respond to this message   
Andrew Smith
(Login Sgt.Squarehead)
Missing-Lynx members

It may have been a battle.....

August 10 2012, 7:41 AM 

But you've emerged victorious.....That is a great looking little model!

All the best
Andy S.

Respond to this message   
Alfred van Netburg
(Login alfred250251)
Missing-Lynx members

Beautiful paint

August 10 2012, 9:54 AM 

...And decal work ! The decals make this one realy coming to life, well done.
Is this model going into a diorama of some kind ?

Alfred

Respond to this message   
Carlos Pitteri
(Login carlos.pitteri)
Missing-Lynx members

August 10 2012, 1:26 PM 

The work in the decals deserve the effort cause it looks spectacular!. Great model, Like a lot the paint.
Very good job.
Off the topic, I'm tryng with the scy fy and i use to visit your blog for inspiration. Amazing all your works.

Carlos

Respond to this message   

(Login danldunbar)
Missing-Lynx members

August 10 2012, 8:16 PM 

Thanks guys, this tank is actually going to a follower of my blog as a prize in a competition I ran, incidentally, the yellow vehicle in the header of my blog was also given away.
Thanks Carlos, good to hear I have provided inspiration, any questions you may have, feel free to ask.

Respond to this message   

(Login ricardhaddad)
Missing-Lynx members

Really Great Job!

August 11 2012, 3:11 PM 

Danl,

Your works are inspiring me to convert one of my Cromwells into a Centaur. Congratulations! BTW, did you convert yourself or used a kit made by someone?

Off Topic: Dear Carlos, If you want to change ideas with me about figures and sci-fi, I may be of some help. Please drop me some lines.

Happy modeling, Ricardo

Respond to this message   

(Login danldunbar)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Really Great Job!

August 12 2012, 6:29 AM 

Hi Ricardo

Thanks, this was my own conversion, here is a link to pics before paint.
http://www.gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/wip-172-centaur.html

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - WIP 1/72 Centaur part 4
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse