Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trumpeter KV-1 M1941 "Small Turret" finished

August 15 2012 at 5:53 PM
  (Login marcfleissner)
Missing-Lynx members

This is one of my projects, that came to stop because of the Medical Services Group Build. I've finished it recently. It is a nice and simple model kit and straightforward build. I built it out of box just for practicing the "hairspray method". This is the result:

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

I wanted to achieve the look of a worn off winter camouflage. For wheathering I used pastel chalks.

Best regards
Marc

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gordon McLaughlin
(Login NORTHDUK)
Missing-Lynx members

Trumpeter KV-1 M1941 "Small Turret" finished

August 16 2012, 6:27 AM 

Marc,

This is a very attractive and effective model. I think it convincingly captures the appearance of a winter finish as it begins to wear off.

What is the hairspray method that you mention?

Gordon McLaughlin

Respond to this message   

(Login marcfleissner)
Missing-Lynx members

Hairspray method

August 19 2012, 4:51 PM 

Dear Gordon,

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for my answer. I had a few days vacation, relaxing without cellphone and internet and all that kind of stuff. It sure brings you back to life, I tell you!

Thank you for your kind words.

"Haispray method": first you paint the model with the basic colour. After it has dried you spray a coat of hairspray onto the model. Then you paint the second colour, when it has dried, you take a stiff brush, dip it into warm water and then brush and tap the brush over the second colour until it comes off.

I had problems with the base coat of colour, I used water soluble paint (Revell Aqua Color) and it seems that it reacted to the hairspray - in some spots it came off too. Maybe it might be better to use enamel paint for the base coat.

I hope this helps!

Best regards
Marc

Respond to this message   
Gordon McLaughlin
(Login NORTHDUK)
Missing-Lynx members

Hairspray Method

August 21 2012, 11:12 AM 

Marc,

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. It makes a real difference to get away from the normal routines.

I haven't heard of the hairspray method before. It sounds promising and I'll give it a try. There are possibilities for using it on aircraft models that might be worth investigating.

Thanks for the information.

Gordon McLaughlin

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Trumpeter KV-1 M1941 "Small Turret" finished
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Terms and Conditions of Use
Report abuse