Home > Discussion Groups > Braille Scale

Message posting guidelines:

Full real names must be used at all times.

A valid e-mail address must be provided. (This is not optional)
  Images must be posted at low resolution (72 dpi) and no larger than 760 pixels wide, and copyright/trade mark owners must be credited whenever reasonably possible.
4. From 20 April, registration is compulsory if you wish to post messages on the Discussion Groups. For further information, please see the following message: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=47210&messageid=1113823253
Please read our Community guidelines before posting.
By contributing to this discussion group, you indicate your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Posts that violate the guidelines or Terms and conditions of Use of the Missing-lynx.com discussion groups will be erased, and repeated violation of this policy may result in termination of the violator's account.

Advertisement
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1/76 Scammell R100/Ruston Bucyrus 19RB Excavator

December 6 2014 at 9:45 AM
Neil Craig  (Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members
from IP address 99.251.99.75

Here is my completed project of another piece of plant equipment not often modeled by military modelers.
It is the Milicast Scammell R100 Gun Tractor which also doubled as a tower of heavy plant equipment. It is towing a scratch-built purpose-built trailer made by the Ruston Bucyrus Company to carry the RB series of cranes, excavators, etc. It also featured a removable top which could be put in place to carry other pieces of equipment. To load the excavator, the front bogie was removed from the apex of the triangular frame and using the ramps shown in the photo, the excavator was driven up the ramps onto the frame. The frame was jacked up at the front and re-attached to the bogie for transport. The excavator is a Corgi Trackside product kindly given to me by friend Dave Rhodes and the base was scratch-built to accommodate a set of aftermarket track assemblies kindly sent to me by Jaymes Crowther. Thanks to both of them for their generosity. No other changes were made to the excavator other than a cable guide added to the top of the boom. The figures are from the Milicast set of British Squaddies. Mike Starmer was also helpful with colour schemes and Pete Marshall (Aleran) provided the decals. It is marked for a Mechanical Equipment Coy of the 21st Army Group in France, 1944.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Neil

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This message has been edited by Neilie from IP address 99.251.99.75 on Dec 6, 2014 9:46 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tim Neate
(Login Tim_Neate)
Missing-Lynx members

Beautiful model

December 6 2014, 12:35 PM 

Hi Neil
A lovely subject, beautifully done!

Regards
Tim

Respond to this message   
Dan Taylor
(Login Dan-Taylor)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: 1/76 Scammell R100/Ruston Bucyrus 19RB Excavator

December 6 2014, 1:03 PM 

Hi Neil
Another tour de force. Exquisite piece of work and a great team behind you. I've very much enjoyed following this build.

All the best

Dan

Respond to this message   
Stefan Landman
(Login StefanLandman)
Missing-Lynx members

December 6 2014, 3:42 PM 

Instantly recognizable as a Neil Craig Original, very nice work. I always love the shade of olive drab you use and the way you do the Mickey Mouse camo. The small base realIy adds to the model. Interesting and unique subject too, and your figure painting skills are excellent as well.

Looking forward to your next project.

Stefan

Respond to this message   
Bill Scriven
(Login billscriven)
Missing-Lynx members

Another gem

December 6 2014, 3:50 PM 

Incredible work, as always. Love the figures - if I could manage half that good I'd be more than happy.

Respond to this message   
Paul Bishop
(Login paul_bish)
Missing-Lynx members

December 6 2014, 4:02 PM 

Perfection. Nothing else to say

Respond to this message   
Paul Giles
(Login Spacewolfdad)
MODERATORS ONLY - Braille

Awesome...

December 6 2014, 6:48 PM 

Hi Neil,

Yet another little masterpiece, I just love to see your work, truly inspirational. The whole piece, including the two figures, is beautifully done and just oozes period detail. Well done again, lovely job.

All the best,

Paul

Respond to this message   
David Clark
(Login DavidJClark)
Missing-Lynx members

Superb!

December 6 2014, 9:37 PM 

Neil

I reckon you've got a secret way of shrinking real life objects down to 1/76 scale wink.gif

Great work as usual!

Cheers

David

Respond to this message   
Domingo Hernández
(Login domingohm)
Missing-Lynx members

Great model,

December 7 2014, 4:29 AM 

Love the details and all of that combo, perfect for me, thnaks for sharing

Domin

Respond to this message   
Neil Craig
(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Thanks to All of You!

December 7 2014, 5:42 AM 

Thank you Tim, Dan, Stefan, Bill, Paul, Paul David and Domingo for your very generous comments on my model. It is really gratifying that you appreciate my efforts so much and I do look forward to sharing the next one with you all.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   
Lodge, David
(Login Dave_Lodge)
Missing-Lynx members

One of your best yet....

December 7 2014, 10:31 AM 

Neil,
Until you finish your next model, which will surpass the last!! Do you have a website to display all your masterpieces on, so we can see these and more pictures later?
Regards,
Dave

Respond to this message   
Neil Craig
(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: One of your best yet....

December 7 2014, 11:41 AM 

Thanks Dave for your kind remarks. Unfortunately, web pages are not my thing other than looking at them of course but I do post everything on this Forum now so stay tuned. Next up is a scratch-built vehicle which will take a little time to complete.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   
Elliott Winthrop
(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Beautiful as usual Neil

December 7 2014, 1:27 PM 

the models are great
but painting figures at the moment myself
the figure painting in pic 5 are just mindblowing
Cheers Elliott

Respond to this message   
Neil Craig
(Login Neilie)
Missing-Lynx members

Re: Beautiful as usual Neil

December 7 2014, 7:02 PM 

Thanks Elliott.....glad you like my figures. I basically use Dan Taylor's technique but use oil paints for the face and flesh tones.

Cheers,

Neil

Respond to this message   
Elliott Winthrop
(Login elliott.winthrop)
Missing-Lynx members

Small Faces

December 7 2014, 7:10 PM 

Hi Neil,
you have to give us a tutorial on the skin tone
& what oil colours you use etc

Cheers Elliott